PDA

View Full Version : HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE trailer

RobertoOrtiz
08-22-2005, 06:07 PM
http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/

Slurry
08-22-2005, 06:11 PM
Must resist....the temptation of looking...want to be surprised in the theatre...

You're killing me here!

Art

leigh
08-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Wow wow wow!! :eek: Great trailer! I can't wait for this film!!! :bounce:

Rudity
08-22-2005, 09:32 PM
This trailer kicked ass.

Can't wait for this movie.

umbrellasky
08-22-2005, 09:44 PM
WOW!!! That sent shivers down my spine. Gosh I'm am amazed, looks like it could be the best one yet! wow!

Thanks for posting :D

ntmonkey
08-22-2005, 10:47 PM
I'm not a Harry Potter fanatic, but that was a dayum good trailer.

Good job to the boys and girls that worked on that. Stellar stuff! :thumbsup:

peace,

Lu

percydaman
08-22-2005, 11:36 PM
hmmm...i hate to be a naysayer, cause Ive liked all the harry potter movies, but I was unimpressed with the trailer. Maybe I expected too much after viewing the above posts. The dragon looked very cool, but the first half of the trailer was complete filler. I haven't read the book, maybe thats why?

SheepFactory
08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
That kicked major ass!

i cant wait for this movie.

Matt Leishman
08-23-2005, 01:22 AM
Goarahm!!!

erilaz
08-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Oh wowy wow. :drool:

mental
08-23-2005, 02:08 AM
I really miss Richard Harris as Albus Dumbledore. Michael Gambon's voice doesn't project the same combination of warmth and power that Harris did.

Bsmith
08-23-2005, 02:16 AM
I just pissed myself.

eliseu gouveia
08-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Fabulawesome!

leigh
08-23-2005, 05:37 AM
I really miss Richard Harris as Albus Dumbledore. Michael Gambon's voice doesn't project the same combination of warmth and power that Harris did.

Personally I much, much prefer Gambon. Dumbledore in the books is really ballsy and powerful - Richard Harris was great as a benevolent and kind character, but he wasn't convincing as a powerful wizard, in my opinion.

chrisWhite
08-23-2005, 06:28 AM
I'm really looking forward to this one, trailer looks great. It was a pretty darn good book and I expect that this will be another good movie, not to mention dragons...dragons are always a plus :thumbsup:

Capel
08-23-2005, 07:22 AM
wow wow wow wow.... geez, so many good movies this winter.... can't WAIT!

mental
08-23-2005, 04:54 PM
Dumbledore in the books is really ballsy and powerful.
That is true but the tone of his character has harshened along with the entire series.

Harris might have been too soft but he could have definately grown into the part. Gambon on the other hand just doesn't have the range. He is all gruff with no warmth.

Peter O'Toole would have been a suitable replacement.

/Edit: Heck I wouldn't mind seeing Ian Mckellen as another kind but all powerful wizard :p

vizjac
08-23-2005, 07:42 PM

I agree, I here his voice when ever I am reading to my kids. No disrespect to Michael Gambon. I have always been a Richard Harris fan though.

Higher Vision
08-23-2005, 08:14 PM
Ohh it is wonderful, truely wonderful yes it is!

Simply marvellous I cant wait, oh yes I can for I must, but I was speaking metaphoricaly, metaphoricaly I was speaking nonetheless I cant wait. Simply marvellous .

ndog
08-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Richard Harris never got the chance to show the powerful side of Dumbledore which he probably would have done. Michael Gambon on the other hand has had the chance and failed in my opinion to pull off the kinder side of Dumbledore.

Manwich
08-26-2005, 08:56 PM
I have to say I am also not a harry potter book fanatic but I enjoyed the last movie (except the *cough* time travel *cough*). and am looking forward to the next movie based on the spanking trailer.......loooks sooo good.....i'm waiting for Harry to turn to the dark side that would be pretty sweet.

Manwich

gardogg
08-26-2005, 11:31 PM
If you guys haven't read the books, you need to. They're friggen awesome to me and I'm 21 years old. Go figure. The movies are great too. Watching them without first reading the books is blasphemy. The same rule held for the Lord of the Rings series. You MUST read the books first.

Joblh
08-28-2005, 06:13 PM
wow, extremely good trailer! from FX to music :applause:

chrisWhite
08-28-2005, 06:40 PM
I agree, reading the books first is a must, they don't touch LOTR or Narnia for me, but they are really good.

Anyone here want to see Thomas Covenant made into movies? Now that would be a feast to watch! Wouldn't mind seeing Shannara or maybe Phantastes made into movies either.

Shrink
08-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Richard Harris never got the chance to show the powerful side of Dumbledore which he probably would have done. Michael Gambon on the other hand has had the chance and failed in my opinion to pull off the kinder side of Dumbledore.
I think Film 4 is the one where Gambon will get a real chance to pull of the kinder side. I hope he succeeds, but he might not.
Film 5 will be good for the powersful side.

kmest
09-02-2005, 09:40 PM
i think it will be a better movie than the others,although i didnt liked the movies at all,they were toooooo childish for those books....

ralph fiennes as Lord Voldemort will be great....but have you seen that girl who played CHO CHANG????nah..worst choice

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2005, 09:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.