PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Just another day on the lake.

Dr. Nick
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Hi everybody! You guys wouldn't mind helping me out with this picture that I have been working on, would you? I need to know if I can make the bunny character on the pier a bit larger without ruining the prospective or without having to make big changes to the rest of the picture. Also what would be the best place to put the reflection of the planet in the background on the water? I wanted to get some extra help before diving in deeper into the picture. Thank you guys, your help will be much appreciated..

http://www.dark-ambition.net/art/fishingnew71WIP.jpg

Ilikesoup
08-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, I don't think you lose the girl because she's too small. You lose her because there's not enough to lead the viewer's eye to her. I like the idea of her fighting against impossible odds (huge serpents) and you'd lose that by making her bigger. Instead, put much more detail into the bridge because it will balance the picture and draw the viewer's eyes to her.

Scale:
The bridge is too small since railing for the bridge looks like it only comes up to the girl's knee.

Color:
My eyes are drawn to contrasting colors in the in the top half of the picture and never move down to the girl. The bridge is the nearest object and should have the highest contrast values and most detail. Add plenty of shading to the posts and some wood grain if you have the patience. Consider adding heavy outline, and tinting it red like the old Japanese bridges so the railings lead my eyes to the girl.

As for the girl herself, she's lost among the serpents she's fighting because you've used serpent colors in her uniform. Maybe if the black of the serpents could be altered to a sort of mid-tone with the color of their fins? That way the black of her uniform stands out. Also, a muzzle flash from her guns would draw attention.

One last thing -- the serpents' reflection on the water should be in perspective. In all, I like what you've done and I'm looking forward to updates. :thumbsup:

Dr. Nick
08-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Thank you very much for the feedback. I will get started on that as soon as I get home. In my previous post I was going to ask if I should worry about the prospective of the reflection in the water. Thank you.

Dr. Nick
09-09-2005, 02:51 PM
I made some changes to the pier. Better?http://www.dark-ambition.net/art/fishingnewredoWIP.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2005, 02:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.