PDA

View Full Version : character animation reel

Framed
08-22-2005, 11:04 AM
Hi

Just finished this years reel, tried to keep it short..

a 640x480, 30Mb version here http://www.gridartstudio.com/ftp/misc_dan_demo/2005reel.mov

..and a 400x300, 15Mb version here http://www.gridartstudio.com/ftp/misc_dan_demo/2005reel_small.mov

All quicktime mpeg4

Right-click save plz, It's a borrowed space/bandwidth and don't want to abuse it (too much ;-)

Cheers

abdullahkokce
08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
:) good job...all of them very funy good luck

Abdullah KÖKÇE
abdullahkokce@yahoo.com (abdullahkokce@yahoo.com)
akokce@digit.com.tr (akokce@digit.com.tr)
DİGİT-+90(212)6633403

blz
08-22-2005, 11:20 PM
great sense of houmor and whats most important good animation.
nice reel.good luck

Framed
08-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Thanks for taking the time to comment guys.. After freelancing with general CGI a few years it's nice to start making character-only reels. Still have to use 90% personal stuff but I'm getting there :)

Cheers

teflonron
08-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Great reel man. That's one of my favorite generi animations EVER!!! lol I always smile when i see it.

webhead
08-27-2005, 03:33 AM
Some good stuff. What software do you animate with? At first glance, the diaper shot looked like a real baby. Was that The Annoying Thing with the golf club in that reel?

FatFatFatty
08-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Nice work man! Pretty solid reel. The only problem I had was with the crash test dummy's lipsync. It seemed a bit strange. I'm just learning about lipsync myself, so I can't tell you how to fix it. The render looks great, but I would replace it with something else.

I loved the "get off the set" clip. Great emoting! I love the air guitar clip at the end too!

steffenoid
08-28-2005, 02:43 AM
Very nice job-
I thought everybody showed a lot of emotion

the only crit I have is that the running grasshopper seemed a little "weightless", or that, perhaps given his speed, he was bouncing very little

anyway, a great job overall!

wen_eb
08-29-2005, 10:10 AM
really great animation... so u r the guy who did the frog?

Framed
08-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback.. much appreciated.. some answers: I'ts all animated in Maya except the baby diaper, it was a character studio biped when I took the job so I had to do it there. I didn't do the rendering but I thought it looked great, vray I think is the renderer. About The Annoying Thing.. I'm NOT the person behind it so stop sending hate mails plz :D. I was just asked to do a test animation to see if I could keep the animation style of the previous animations. FatFatty I hear you.. The lipsync on the crashtest dummies are a bit exagerated.. my only excuse is that I had just a couple of morph targets to work with. And I think it's weird not seing anything inside the wide open mouth.. there's no tongue :p

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2005, 06:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.