PDA

View Full Version : jaggies in fluids emitted from curves....

chesterjoe
08-22-2005, 09:41 AM
Hi guys. I'm trying to make some curves flowing around and emitting fluids. But as soon as I decrease the density of the fluidshape a great deal of jaggies appear. I tried increasing the shading quality a lot, and tried to help with high antialiasing, but with no luck. Does it depend on the resolution of the fluid container? I increased the resolution to 150 x 150 ( 2d fluid container) but they seem not easy to prevent and show almost the same as the lower resolution container. Is there anyway to deal with those kind of artifacts? is it possible to render smooth looking perfectly unjagged fluids emitted from curves?

Another problem I have is when I move my curves pretty fast, the flow is not smooth and even. It looks like if I duplicated one frame and moved it to a near by possition and overlaid it on top of the first. I don;t get a smooth flow, instead I get an echo look.

Many thanks in advance

apoc519
08-22-2005, 02:13 PM
What attributes are you changing to "decrease the density"? Try changing the render interpolation to smooth in the shading quality tab.

The other problem is simple enough though. You're going to have to create a fluid cache and calculate subframes(fluid effects menu/create cache). Right now your fluid is only emitting once per frame and since its moving so quickly you're getting the ghosting

chesterjoe
08-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks for your response, I'll check the subframe thing, that should solve it :)

Regarding thje jaggies, I decrease the density of the fluidshape node ( the attributes of the fluid container not the curve emitter ones. if I have a dissipated dense look the jaggies are less noticeable but as soon as I need almost no dissipation and I decrease the density so that I only see the curves and no trailing fluid I get jaggies all over the fluid curve emissions. That is driving me insane :sad:

Thanks again.

Edit: Btw I already have the Render interpolation in smooth, my quality in 30 ( pumping it up did not make a big difference ( if any) My contrast tolerance is 0.298 and the sampling method is Adaptive Jittered ( I also tried jittered without any noticeable improvemente) any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Julius
08-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Click on your particleshape and then the geoconnect tab, turn that density up, i went from default .200 to 10000 to get results for what i was doing.

CGTalk Moderation
08-25-2005, 07:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.