PDA

View Full Version : romancing nymph(nudity)

MichaelZHsee
08-22-2005, 06:52 AM
hi guys ,here's another piece i made yesterday,the concept was from my previous artwork 'the nymph of the blue'i thought of making a series of it so here it is,added another male character for a better interaction.the male mearmaid tail is due to change maybe.i'll have a few try on how the tails should looks like~have been doing alot of females and lck of males characters,so this is quite a challenge for me~:)hehe,got in love with underseas paintings~hopefully this'll turns out fine
updated:14th of september
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/romancingnymph3wip.jpg
outline:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/romancingnymphoutline.jpg

goldi76
08-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Wow! Nice idea. No crits. I can hardly wait to see the progress. I'm curious how you will present the underwater scene and all the lighting highlits. :thumbsup:

Kyena
08-22-2005, 01:01 PM
very very beautiful sketch..you already know what I had to nitpick ;)

AWaqas
08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Yo Malaysian!! Tell you what, I cant wait to see its colored!!! Its great!! :scream:

Nice to see another Malaysian here

umbrellasky
08-22-2005, 01:46 PM
wow!! This is beautiful! I really can't wait to see you add some colour to this!

Miyagu
08-22-2005, 02:31 PM
i love the lineart! :love:can´t wait to see colors!

BrittanyRichardson
08-22-2005, 04:52 PM
The linework is very nice. Everything looks great so far. I love the compostition, can't wait to see some color. :)

Matellis
08-22-2005, 05:17 PM
looking good!!! this is already getting me hot so I cant wait to see the progress heheh jokes!

KatSArt
08-22-2005, 10:21 PM
can't wait to see this colored^^ feels very cool and refreshing as it is... ya know..... >.> err... nevermind!

but anywho it loooks loverly and seductive... and well.... what can i say i like your art and this picture and i'll be watchin it even if i say nothing, not like i'd be much help anyway ><

MichaelZHsee
08-23-2005, 02:38 AM
goldi76,tasha,enialadam,benita,awaqas,Brittany,matt,tyrful.great thanks to u all:)i made some color sketch for the background last nite,and this is how it turns out.
kyena - thanks for the yips,i'll fix what u have 'nitpick':D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/romancingnymphroughbgcolor.jpg

way to go stil:scream:lol,might be taking awhile for me to complete this

BrittanyRichardson
08-23-2005, 02:41 AM
good progress. The lighting looks great, I love the way it shines down from the top and hits the spot where the figures are going to be.

Euphrosyne
08-23-2005, 03:42 AM
Very romantic and challanging scene. This is already beautiful! Can't wait to see the finished painting.

MichaelZHsee
08-23-2005, 10:11 AM
thanks alot brittany and Euphrosyne for being supportive,keeps my spririt burning.just stay tune but bare in mind that this piece could take awhile.i'll keep updating.thanks again:)

umbrellasky
08-23-2005, 10:44 AM
wow beautiful lighting!! I love this allready! :D

MichaelZHsee
08-24-2005, 02:22 AM
thanks enialadam for the encouragement:)made alil update lastnite and came up till this stage.had her body roughly rendered.i'll lay some colors on the male mermaid if i have time tonite.thanks again everyone~
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/romancingnymph1wip.jpg

Matellis
08-24-2005, 03:36 AM
This is looking great!! Keep it up man!!! I cant wait to see the final woohoo yeeehaaa

BrittanyRichardson
08-24-2005, 03:39 AM
comming along great! keep it up :)
I like how you are keeping you shadows the same cool blue as the background.

Squibbit
08-24-2005, 05:06 AM
Think u could fit a huge anchor in the pic , all rusty and covered in
clams n plantlife n stuff ?

How about the walls around for once were actually not walls at all,
but tentacles of an insanely huge octopus? Then an insanely huge
eye of the creature could be seen watching the two lovers in
the background

Or you could have lying against the nearest wall, close to te viewer,
a copy of kama-sutra , underwater version, written by some dolphin

And most seriously for a change , while leaving the upper part of the
pic open and calm like that , I'd put some fish in the background
swimming at almost ocean floor level , i think that would look cool.

well, maybe some very tiny silvery fish, swimming close to the rock
above where the light comes from,

?

rblitz7
08-24-2005, 05:49 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

...... WOW great work I love what you did so far and I cant wait to see it finished.:)

Ghost23
08-24-2005, 11:08 PM
Yeah it's looking great and making me anxious to see the final outcome of this project.

Euphrosyne
08-25-2005, 07:19 AM
Sh@ke this is super! I really love where you are going with it. Be careful of putting those little fish in there like Squibbit wants, he would just put something in there to eat them or something.

Squibbit
08-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Be careful of putting those little fish in there like Squibbit wants, he would just put something in there to eat them or something.

u dunno that!

i'm not evil :sad:

Euphrosyne
08-25-2005, 06:46 PM
I would never imply that squibbit is evil. He's just mischievious, and a bit of a jester which of course endears him to all of us.:love:

Squibbit
08-25-2005, 09:13 PM
hmph , that's better, Lady.

bah, I made u a gift for yor kind words.

These are Patigi, flying flowers. They're
actually very light snakes that look much
like other snakes, until they open up their
multicolored, translucent wings in a ring
around them like the petals of a flower
and drift with the wind, guiding a bit
their flight with their tail feathers.

The snakes are very friendly to kind
girlsies and often drift to them and
hang around their wrists and in their
hair as decorations.

The flying flowers are very poisonous, but
their poison only causes unconsiousness
and the Patigi only bite those who attack
or threaten them.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/Euphrosyne_Gift.jpg (http://www.saunalahti.fi/panuom/Euphrosyne_Gift.jpg)

brown sugar
08-25-2005, 10:36 PM
This is soooo beautiful, *sigh*. Like to see more of this deep blue see image. :love:

MichaelZHsee
09-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Matellis,-Brittany-,Squibbit,rblitz7,Ghost23,brown sugar- thanks everyone~and sorry for not keeping this up to date,i might have to delay this piece for alil bit,have been bz with some other stuff,but no worries,i love this piece myself,i'll finish it no matter what:)thanks again for all the lovely comments~squibbit~thanks for the tips.:thumbsup:

MichaelZHsee
09-14-2005, 02:41 AM
here,i made some update on the piece~went back last nite,instead of continueing the challenge piece,i left it aside for a moment and came back to this romancing nymph~here i made the background alil more detail and also roughly paint the male mermaid,the tail took me awhile though~:)thanks again for all the kind support as well as the comments:bounce:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/romancingnymph3wip.jpg

mannix8
09-14-2005, 06:06 AM
wow! it looks like a scene i saw on a movie.

lanternkid
09-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Wow. This looks amazing. I love the lighting, it looks so soft and....underwatery...Really dramatic. I hope you have sommore extra time and come back to work on this, it's so pretty!

teal-k
09-15-2005, 12:28 AM
great picture i love it .:thumbsup:
umm dont know if its intented but the male-maremaid looks kinda femalish not that i have anything agaist it , it hurts my male ego :)

jmBoekestein
09-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Wow the colours of the rocks are turning out really well!!!

Keep it up, this one's going to be great.

shyamshriram
09-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Wow o_0 Love the mood and lighting as well ! :thumbsup: Great going so far ! keep up da good work Mate :)

dinodog-jr
09-15-2005, 03:47 PM
hee...very beautiful..yes..very very beautiful....

...my only response is beautiful. i am a beautiful retard..haha

shouldn't the gals skirt's tentacles suppose to float a bit underwater? Seems like the dynamic on her hair & tentacles are having different gravity..check the long cloth though..

i would like both of em kissing on a Big sea shells wif red flesh still under it..WAHAHAHA!
Indeed romantica!

digital-bobert
09-17-2005, 01:15 AM
that is awesome! the only thing I can think of to say is that maybe you could make the hair on both figures a little "grander"? Right now, the hair looks a little messy and floppish... realistic, but doesn't contribute much to the romance of the beautiful underwater cave. Just a thought. :)

rblitz7
09-17-2005, 02:59 AM
fantastic update man!!!:thumbsup:

fooxoo
09-17-2005, 06:34 PM
Wow, that s very sensual! Good job, keep up the good work!

Loulu79
09-17-2005, 07:05 PM
So far so good...I love your drawing line styles.

But I feel that you need to work on the male merman more...because his chest looks very much more on the female anatomy. Yes I got your weakness ... it was too good to be true!:D Keep up working the male anatomy...a definite challenge for you and I applaud you for that!:applause:

Other than that...keep it up.

MichaelZHsee
12-12-2005, 03:51 AM
thanks alot everyone regarding the comments and the crits given,i'll try to follow up all of them,havent been able to continue with the piece previously due to the work i had in the office as well as the challenge.here's just alil update i've made so far and i'll try to complete this piece as soon as possible
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/michaelsee/romancingnymph8.jpg

Matellis
12-12-2005, 10:20 AM
looking great man , where can i get a dress like that! :(

pipecat
12-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Wow i really love it!! great atmosphere, very good picture and good sense of composition!!

minminxu
12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi~~zeng xun~~~~it's a pity that I can't see these pictures~~~~~I just see some barbecued pork bread(×××)~~~~~:sad: :sad:

Elsie
12-12-2005, 04:18 PM
Beautiful as always, Michael :) I really love the texture of the rock she is sitting on, maybe a strange thing to notice but it really catches my eye :D the lighting is beautiful, imho some tiny touches of the beautiful greeny-turquoise worked into some of the more blue areas would look stunning. :thumbsup: More, please!

mornie
12-12-2005, 10:30 PM
I adore this! The colors are beautiful and I think the merman and nymph are wonderfully proportioned. I have to say, though, I think I actually agree with Squibbit. Some fishies off in the distance would be really nice. Just as a last touch. :shrug: I can't wait to see this finished!

MichaelZHsee
12-14-2005, 02:51 AM
Matellis - haha matt~its a special and limited edition,u can never get it,not even myself:scream:

pipecat - thank u mate~been tweaking around with the colors~

minminxu - hi minmin,u couldcheck in again later,probably the bandwidth problems~

Elsie - hello elsie~i still have alot to go with tis piece~the character rendering are still pretty rough to see from close,the backgrounds too.will be working on it as soon as i catch some time.thanks for the precious comments:)

mornie - thanks my friend~yeah,the fishes will be added in just like what i have sketches in the lineart piece.stay tune ya:)

CGTalk Moderation
12-14-2005, 02:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.