PDA

View Full Version : New Star Trek Machinima Series Needs Help

Kracko
08-22-2005, 04:07 AM
Hello everyone,

I am the PR director for a new Star Trek fan project called ‘Star Trek Unity’, which is a new fan series that will be completely done in machinima. We are looking for 3D animators who'd be interested in joining our project, especially those familiar with using Hammer, an HL2 editor. To give you some background on this project, the series is set in the year 2173, 12 years after the founding of the United Federation of Planets. This puts the series in the timeframe between Star Trek: Enterprise and The Original Series.

The crew of this series includes:

Captain Kenneth Anderson
Captain John Lancaster
First Officer Ann Welsh
Science Officer and Comm Officer Mahirn
Chief Engineer Amara Cohen
Chief Medical Officer Sobak of Vulcan
Tactical Officer Yanima Gordon
Ensign Thomas Sinclair

The series will begin with a three-part episode called "The Powder Keg". Since this project is in the early stages of pre-production, a specific release date for the first episode has not been announced.

We've recently released on our new webite our first General Project Update. This update reviews the work being done by the various departments of this project, as well as the first ever look at our project’s design for the phase pistol/phaser. It also tells of some of the ways that talented and creative fans can help and support this project.

This release will be the first of many such announcements. Work is already under way to release a novelised version of the first episode’s teaser, as well as the project’s first promotional trailer, and the release of other new designs associated with this project.

One of the reasons we're using machinima to create our project is because it allows the ‘Star Trek Unity’ project to employ the help of talented and creative people from around the world. In addition, by using machinima as our approach, and setting our story within these two series, our team can come up with unique and novel designs for the ships, props, and costumes that help bridge the gap between these two series. Free of the constraints of mimicking existing designs established within the various Trek series, our design team can push the creative envelope while still maintaining a general Trek look.

Although set in the Star Trek universe, we welcome everyone who is interested in participating in the creation of a new sci-fi series created by fans. To check out this update, and to get more information on our project, please visit our website www.st-unity.net (http://www.st-unity.net). You can also get more information by checking out our forum at this link (http://www.phpbbcity.com/forum/index.php?mforum=starsandbeyond)

Again, we welcome all to join us “To the Stars and Beyond . . .”

Kracko
09-04-2005, 05:36 PM
As a follow-up to my previous thread, I wanted to inform everyone that we are currently in the process of moving our forum from its current site to a new forum location on the project's website. In order to facilitate this process, we have locked the various forum sections as well as closed the registration process for new members to join the forum.

I will post an update here to let everyone know when the process is completed and the forum back up for members to check in and for new members to join.

Thanks.

AlvinCamidge
09-04-2005, 11:08 PM
:bounce: Sounds cool! Ive been waiting for a good "Star Trek" based project to which I can sink my teeth into. send me more info My standard E-mail is alvincamidge@hotmail.com. "Make it So!":buttrock:

Kracko
09-05-2005, 09:31 PM
Hi Alvin,

Glad to hear you're interested. Actually, the best place to get information about our project is at our website http://www.st-unity.net (http://www.st-unity.net/). There you will find background information about the project, a general project update that lets you know what where the various departments are at, and some samples of the design work that has been done (I'm currently working with the graphics department on releasing additional work this month).

Now, although our forum has been locked to facilitate its move, you can get the email address for our Graphics Director under the 'Contact Us' section of our website. I'd let him know what applications you are familiar with and in what capacity you'd be interested in helping out.

One other thing - a friendly warning about posting your email address on forums. There are software applications that scan forums for email addresses and then add them to a spam database. I'd suggest you modify your email address in your post so that it reads

name-at-hotmail.com

This way, any malicious programs will not recognize it as an email address.

Again, thanks for your interest in our project. I'm sure our Graphics Director will be looking forward to hearing from you soon!:)

Kracko
09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
As promised, I wanted to let everyone know about the status of relocating our forum. While the plan was to move our forum to the project website, we have been having problems getting the old forum content onto the new forum site. As such, we have had to move our forum to a temporary location until this problem can be corrected.

The temporary forum site is stunity.lonehorseend.com (http://stunity.lonehorseend.com/).

Once we are able to move the forum to its intended location, I'll post news of it here.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.