PDA

View Full Version : The best way to model a torso?

lll
08-22-2005, 01:47 AM
Hey ppl,

I am using 3d Max

First off, Iím creating my first male model how am I doing? I want to make a low poly male character. Does the leg look right? Do you see anything that I screwed up on?

On another subject, what is the best shape to use to model a male torso? (From the neck to the groin) Keep in mind that I want it to be a low poly. Also if it is a shape how many sides?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

MoTiVe187
08-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Well to be honest there really isn't much to look at so far. From the little I can see it looks ok, but you really need more to look at for a better opinion. For the torso, I've found a box to be fine. You can rough out the front view pretty quick and then start to rough out the sides/back from there. From what I can see right now it looks like you're either building your limbs separately or your starting with the legs. Either way, I would build the head first, or at the very least the torso, then go onto the limbs. And if your building the limbs separately what you'll find alot of times is that when your torso is done the edge loops won't flow with your limbs and you'll end up either wasting polys or redoing alot. I would do the head or the torso first then go on from there.

FabioMSilva
08-23-2005, 02:04 PM
it looks allright so far

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2005, 02:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.