PDA

View Full Version : Ultimatte AdvantEdge

Gpin
11-02-2002, 09:52 PM
But I'm having problems in Combustion with it.

When I add the operator and go inside AdvantEdge, my file is extremely pixelated, it really looks like the resolution has droped to 1/8 of the res.
And when I use the z key to fit the image to the original size, same thing , the frame becomes 1/8 of the original size.

And the problems is not related to the PROXY resolution in AdvantEdge, it's set to FULL ....

Any idea ? Is it a bug ? What am I missing ?

PS : I tried it in After Effects, and it seems that the resolution is related to the composition display properties.
And it works great.

Landon
11-05-2002, 05:50 PM
Is this a plugin that you ripped or did you purchase it....
secondly could you explain in detail what this matte plugin alows you to do beyond the Combustion capabilities.

Gpin
11-06-2002, 01:41 AM
It's simple a much better keyer. The keyer is comb really sucks.
G.

fred
11-06-2002, 11:11 AM
???

if thatīs your opinion you must be doing something very wrong. until now iīve never seen anything that canīt be keyed proper with the discreet keyer. ever done some tutorials? itīs really worth it, iīd say, you should definitely invest some time in this.

Splice
11-06-2002, 12:14 PM
Gpin,

I agree with Fred.

That keyer which you call rubbish is the same base keyer from flame and inferno......
it's the same one used in matrix, titanic and gladiator... etc..... There is also another keyer in flame called the 3D keyer which has no contest.....

I used the keyer in combustion in flame long before combustion came on to the scene and it definately beats most things hands down....

My advice to use is to practice more with the keyer tool and perhaps, if haven't already, read a few books understanding how colour is actually represented in a digital image because if you know that then the keyer is a cinch!

Splice....

Gpin
11-06-2002, 07:04 PM
I find very difficult to key properly with combustion just using the keyer.
Though I'm experienced with compositing. I propbably don't use the right technique.
And to be honest with you I havn't done much keying in Combustion. I guess the power resides in combining Operators. While other compositing packages output better results using only the keyer (Shake for example)

Anyway, thanks for clarifying my doubt about the Discreet Keyer, I'll go though some tutorials to see what I'm doing wrong.

Is it really the same keyer than flame and inferno ? Or it's the baby version of it ?

Thx.
G.

Gpin
11-06-2002, 07:10 PM
I'm switching from AE (keying using ultimatte or primatte) to Combustion and because I'm in a fast pace working environement it's very difficult to be productive right away with a new package. So most of the time, I test my tools very quickly and don't spend the enough of time for a deep analysis.

So that explains my wrong judgment with the Combustion

lando
11-06-2002, 08:13 PM
If you cascade key with combustion keyer it works quite well...

eudemonie
11-06-2002, 08:24 PM
yes, the combustion keyer is great. the ultimatte keyer is better fr footage of bad quality!

Gpin
11-06-2002, 08:50 PM
It's seems to me that Ultimatte is good for g/b screens transparencies, like smoke, water, glass......

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.