PDA

View Full Version : Wtf?!?!?!

deleted
08-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Ok, Ive had this problem a few times before, but this time, I just cannot figure out a solution to this. Kinda of irritating, perhaps someone knows the end all be all method to fixing this. I would appreciate it alot! :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v430/_deleted/CGTalk/WTF_smooth.jpg

JasonA
08-21-2005, 08:06 PM
get rid of that five sided poly at the edge of the hole and see how it looks. Also, make sure that all of your verts are welded and you don't have duplicate edges sitting on top of each other.

Really its just going to take some experimentation

ChrisMann
08-21-2005, 08:16 PM
Yup. Its the five sided poly, doing exactly what its supposed to do. To avoid what you are getting in this case is going to take experimentation, like Jason mentioned. As a possible guide for that, just look at the way your tesselation modifier is subdividing your controll cage.

deleted
08-22-2005, 03:09 AM
Well, I know what its doing, its taking those doubled edges i made to create the hard line, and keeping that where it is at while its also taking that verticle "trim" and smooth that because the hard edges are going in a different direction. But is there something somewhere in the subdivision settings that I can alter to make it go w/ the soothness of the verticle curve?

if not, how would I get rid of that 5 sided poly while still keeping few enough slpines horizontally to keep it smooth overall?

gjpetch
08-22-2005, 06:48 AM
I'd say just add the edge, and then move it up a bit so that it follows the curve.

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2005, 06:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.