PDA

View Full Version : For Howard M..another smokey test

phamarus
08-21-2005, 03:55 AM
I got some inspiration from Howard M to do some smokework, so hereīs my test contribution of smoke,itīs a link to an avi file.

needs improvement still..especially on particles that strays away...
I also included an image file in this post.
please let me know if it looks good or like crap.

Phamarus

http://hem.bredband.net/b418363/index_files/Test%20animations/smokey%20hv%2012.avi

cyphyr
08-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Mmmmm, very nice, any chance you could post the scene file for deconstruction?
tia
cyphyr

phamarus
08-21-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks cyphyr!

Hmm...I think I will post the scene file...have to think about that,could be a good start ifanybody else here can push the scene further And share those improvements.

Basicly this is 4 emitters one base emitter and 3 emitter followers parented, each emitter is roughly about 1000 particles each except the base particle thatīs only one particle....and a very high setting on particle resistence(around 7) thatīs because I wanted the particles to stay close to eachother with almost no motion.

I also cranked up the particle blur setting(in the particle properties) to around 500 to make them spread out a little.

One other thing to get the results is to actually use a procuderal texture on the particles velocity...that helped giving a nice spread and shape to the particles..and the velocity was
cranked up to 5000.

theres also two wind emitters...one at the base with wind direction upp
and one turbulence a little higher up to give some more motion on the smoke..
But itīs actually not needed to have wind emitters...good results can be obtained just using
textures I think...

two of the emitter followers ar clones of the first emitter follower..I just changed the rotation a little and some of the settings on particle weight and blur..

I do have som nice scenes with particle streams aswell..using just the ripple texture to get some waving streaming particles..will put up some examples of that later on.

And for the Hypervoxels...not to much density..and no textures att all..
I have tried a little bit with Jetstream fx...And I think I can get Even better results with
that..but Ill try to puch it with the Hypervoxels first.

Phamarus..

HowardM
08-21-2005, 06:38 PM
looks great!
Did you try the MB trick? Jack it up to like 500-1000% and rerender! :)

phamarus
08-21-2005, 11:01 PM
looks great!
Did you try the MB trick? Jack it up to like 500-1000% and rerender! :)

Thanks HM!
nope ...not even 1% motion blur..I will do some test render with that to..but for now just trying to get the most out of the particles as it is.

and heres another slightly different twirls..
http://hem.bredband.net/b418363/index_files/Test%20animations/smokey%20hv%20new%202.avi

I dont know ?..maybe the avi-clips takes to long to download..please let me know if it seems
to be very slow..

Phamarus

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2005, 11:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.