PDA

View Full Version : Beauty and the Beast - finished?

BrittanyRichardson
08-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Here's a personal project I recently completed... It's one of those stay-up-all-night-'til-it's-done pieces.
I wanted to post it here in the WIP forum just to get some feedback before I officially call it done and put it in the 'finished' gallery.
It's a bit stylized, so the anatomy and such isn't meant to be 100% realistic. But, still let me know if anything looks odd.
Umm, I'm sure most of you are familiar with the tale since Disney made a movie from it, so I hope you can understand the imagery.
So, yeah, critique away. I want some opinions.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Brillustrator/BeautyBeastWIP02.jpg

umbrellasky
08-20-2005, 09:49 PM
wow! This is beautiful! I love your style. The colouring is wonderful. Really nice work! I like what you have done with the Beast and the Man. Nice work! I can't think of anything to crit :)

NOOB!
08-20-2005, 09:53 PM
eh this is 10,000 times better that what i saw in ur exotique thread,i like.

luv her long neck.looks finished to me.

AmyScott-Murray
08-20-2005, 11:19 PM
and easily 10 thousand times better than the Disney version. Lovely style, and really interesting composition. :applause:

blz
08-20-2005, 11:40 PM
this ones excellent :)

bdblok
08-21-2005, 12:02 AM
i like it alot!

i dont feel it drags the overall quality down or anything, but i think the beat's nose is a little off.
its a lil too "pig"ish for me :)

great work!

Euphrosyne
08-21-2005, 12:17 AM
I like the way that you got the prince in with the beast. Really a unique way of handling the subject, and pulled off beautifully with this composition. Beauty's hand could use some minor adjustment but other than that, it's outstanding!

BrittanyRichardson
08-21-2005, 12:58 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the replies. :) I'm glad you like it.
I see a few things that I want to tweek, so I'll make sure to re-post it here when I'm finished with that.

JuliusR
08-21-2005, 02:26 PM
This is really good piece! it looks like a finished piece.

Monster_General
08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Really cool work I see in here ... Well done dude ... I think BEAST more nice than those womans faces , I don't know exactly why but it seems like that :) Keep up to make good works like that .

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2005, 05:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.