PDA

View Full Version : Arm bends wrong way (max)

E.T
11-02-2002, 05:30 PM
Ok another newbie question.

Ive been following this tutorial from maxtd (excellent)
everything works fine, except my mesh holds its arm a bit differently, that is the elbows are facing my models back. Thumbs are pointing up.

This means that when i apply the HI solver my poor mesh breaks its arms in a rather unsettling manner.

Is there any way to change the orientation of the Hi solver?
Or is it something else i should do. Like i said im a total newbie when it comes to rigging, and i just want that damned mesh to behave like i want.

E.T

KiboOst
11-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Dunno if it's what you need, but select the ik goal and look into motion pannel. You should find a defualt angle for the swivel plane (I'm writing from memory...). Try changing this value (usually from 0 to 90 or -90 etc).

Hope helpfull

Kib

srv
11-03-2002, 01:37 AM
Hey,
you can also create a target object for the swivel angle, like a sphere for example.
Select the IK handle, go to motion panel, find the pick target box and then select the object that will be the target.
AS you move the target the joint will orientate towards it.

E.T
11-03-2002, 12:02 PM
Thanks guys!

Kiboost:im trying this but the swivel angle affects the hands also, but maybe i can rotate them back to their original position and still get predictable results.

Srv: Im going to have to try that just to see it :-)

E.T

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.