PDA

View Full Version : Head critique wanted

McKertis
08-20-2005, 12:27 PM
I dont wanna put it in WIP coz i wont finish it, just fooling around and training.
I did Joan of Arc tutorial by strictly copying each and every line, and this one - this one i just took a ref. and made it myself. In a sense - my first head. :)

So, anything i could do better with this here model ?

McKertis
08-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Wow, 52 views and no critique...i must be good...real good ! LOL

blindsleeper
08-22-2005, 06:21 AM
may or may not help you but i figured that i would give you a view at the topology ive been workin on for a few days. Definately not the best you will find on these boards but maybe it will give you a starting point.

Some areas you might take a look at:

- the bridge of the nose is too narrow and pointy, pay attention to the muscles coming off your nose to the sides
- the nostrils lack definition, you might consider adding more loops to define a crease in that area
- pay attention to the indented part of the upper lip, on most people it begins off the center of the nostril holes and fans out very slightly.
- finishing the back of the head will help you form the overall shape of the face, its very difficult to form a face without the rest of the head to reference.
- the lips could use some major reworking, the lower lip is generally more full and lips are usually shorter across than you have them.
- you need to define the edges of the lips, to do this quickly you might just want to chamfer the edge loop on the outside of the mouth

And last but not least, this is a very good try for only a second face, mine was far worse if i remember correctly :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2005, 06:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.