PDA

View Full Version : Number of threads config based in LW 8+??

Jarrede
08-20-2005, 05:51 AM
I'm currently using LW 7.5 and the number of threads you can set in the render panel is config based, not scene dependent, and this ...well...irks me.

is it the same for LW 8 ?

Hey! YOU! yeah, you with the LW8! do me a favor, and make a little nothing scene with say, 8 threads enabled under the render panel, save the scene, switch it back to say, 1, then load the scene and tell me if it stays at 1, or changes to 8.

thanx a bunch! :)

annaleah
08-20-2005, 07:44 AM
Yep.
If you change it after the save and then reopen it loads as 1 thread.
Weird.

Jarrede
08-20-2005, 07:49 AM
Yep.
If you change it after the save and then reopen it loads as 1 thread.
Weird.

thanx a bunch man, ...Newtek should work on fixing that, cause I got a slight problem rendering shots on my farm.

Transparencies and volumetric's won't render unless you have the threads set to 1, this is okay...I guess, but it's not taking full advantage of my CPU, and since it's a config based setting, I'd have to re-submit a different config to my render controller each time I wanted to change this number.

Right now, it's easier to leave it at 1 for all scenes, ...but render times will be increased.

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2005, 07:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.