PDA

View Full Version : rendering issue

Night Hawk
08-20-2005, 01:31 AM
im somekind new to shake so i made a short movie and after applying the desired connections i tried to render my movie so i tried file out in the (image) menu but it didnt work, and i tried (render file out nodes) in the above rendering menu but in the best cases i get a small window that contains my movie putting in mind that i want it either in WMV or Realplayer, how can i achieve such task ?

RAZ22
08-20-2005, 11:37 AM
im somekind new to shake so i made a short movie and after applying the desired connections i tried to render my movie so i tried file out in the (image) menu but it didnt work, and i tried (render file out nodes) in the above rendering menu but in the best cases i get a small window that contains my movie putting in mind that i want it either in WMV or Realplayer, how can i achieve such task ?

If I recall correctly, that version of Shake (2.51 and lower for Windows), doesn't render movie files that aren't Quicktimes. You're going to have to FileOut a sequence of images first, then bring that sequence into a 3rd party app and put them together to render out a final movie.

Check out Sketchy's FileOut tutorial at: http://www.sketchypictures.com/html/tutorial/shake/fileout.htm

It will guide you through all of the settings that you need to make sure you set in order to complete a FileOut node.

Keep in mind this tutorial was constructed with Shake 3.5 so some screens will be different for your version.

robotinc
09-15-2005, 09:22 PM
i just want to point out the obvious just in case. when shake renders, not matter what the size of the file is, the reder window stays the same. It is rendering everything out correctly, but the viewer is locked.

so yeah, maybe that helped. I know it threw me off the first time.

CGTalk Moderation
09-15-2005, 09:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.