PDA

View Full Version : Maya To lightwave

AWAKE
11-02-2002, 10:26 AM
Hey--

I'm animating in lightwave for a project right now and was wondering a few things...

Is there a way to blend between FK and IK?

Can I hide bones without selecting each one individually

Is there an easy way to find objects in the Scene Editor that are deep inside heirarchies?

Is there a way to match tangents up when using bezier Fcurves? (for cycles)

Thanks to you all..

Eugeny
11-02-2002, 02:26 PM
1. Yes with IK Blender plug (unfortunately not available on net but u can search the Flay.com for IK_Blender)
2. Two ways:
1. Go to Scene editor , select the object that have the bones u wanna to hide, in the left upper corner of scene editor choose "Select all bones of current object". Now with all bones selected choose Visibility - Hide selected Items (al in Scene Editor)
2. Second way is using Spreadsheet, in Spreadsheet change filter from "All items " to "Bones only" , there "Bone Properties : Basic" (it's default requester then u open Spreadsheet ) choose "Item Flags" , then select with shift all squares under the Eye icon , then change selected to Visible ( lower left area of Spreadsheet) , hit Apply.

3. I usually use Schematic view (dif key 7) and arrange the elements to some human scheme - it's mach easier to find something (see pic here (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22915&highlight=eugeny) )

4. I don't use bezire Fcurves - for me it's useless - u can get almost the same control using old'n'trusty LightWave TCB curves.

Hope this help u .

Cman
11-02-2002, 05:54 PM
I like IK_Blender (http://www.spatial-design.com/plugins/index.htm). :blush:

(yes, it's back!)

Eugeny
11-02-2002, 06:00 PM
Thanx for the link Cman - i also fan of IK_Blender :buttrock:

Btw. i have the problem with IK_Blender - ones activated i can't delete any object from scene (i mean other objects not IK_Blender nulls) LW just crash on this.
The only one way i found is to open lws file in text editor and delete manually the unnecessary objects. I mast say that this bug i expected in LW 7.0 - i still not tried this plug with LW7.5

Cman
11-02-2002, 06:15 PM
You may be right it is only 7.0 problem.
I just made a quick IK chain, added some other geometry to scene, added IK Blender, attached blender controller to a slider, then deleted the extra geometry and no crash. LW7.5.
Maybe I didn't have enough geo to make a difference too - just a globe.

AWAKE
11-02-2002, 06:21 PM
Thanks alot...

I actually use the TCB curves, but couldn't find any way to match tangents other than converting them to Bezier.

IKBlender seems pretty cool.

Thanks

Eugeny
11-02-2002, 06:22 PM
No no it's defiantly LW7.0 problem. I even can't delete extra lights, from scene with few poly ...
Time to update...

Eugeny
11-02-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by AWAKE
Thanks alot...

I actually use the TCB curves, but couldn't find any way to match tangents other than converting them to Bezier.

IKBlender seems pretty cool.

Thanks
Just use the numeric entry for TCB :shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.