PDA

View Full Version : Where is FX Linker? (buggy 8 upgrade?)

Gpalz
08-18-2005, 02:16 AM
Hello,

A few months ago I upgraded to 8. I wanted to brush up on particle effects but for some strange reason the Dynamic Object tab is grayed out. I did scan my plugins, to no avail. So i I attemped to go the Dynamic tab route via Item Properties. However, now I cant find FX Linker. According to help, it should be under Utilites / Additional, but the only thing I see is Partigon2Polygon. Is there a short cut key or another way to access FX Linker? Appreciate any assistance. Thank You.

Some background....
I guess something happened during the upgrade from 7.5 to 8. Since then I noticed a few features not available which required me to reinstall some plugins. Last month I tried to upgrade to 8.2. Everything seemed to go alright, but I dont know if the upgrade took. My title bar and "about help" still shows ver 8. My guess is the problems I have above is related.

George

Melvil
08-18-2005, 04:04 AM
It definitely sounds like there's a problem reading your plugins. Using 8.3, FX Linker is under Utilities > Additional along with a couple dozen others. Having only Partigon2polygon is just wrong.

What does your edit plugins list look like? Do they all show up there, or is it really sparse?

It sounds like you might want to consider uninstalling LW and doing a fresh install since it does seem something must've gotten messed up when you did the upgrade.

Gpalz
08-18-2005, 05:19 AM
Thank you. Just re-installed LW. All is well. I can find things now! Thank you and my apologies to the board for the post.

George

Gpalz
08-18-2005, 05:21 AM
Thank you. Just re-installed LW. All is well. I can find things now! Thank you and my apologies to the board for the post.

George

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2005, 05:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.