PDA

View Full Version : importing .car model

joshstanley
08-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I have a model from Carrera, its file extension is .car. Anyway for me to get it into lw? If lw doesnt import it natively, could I open it in another package and save it as something that lw would read? Or am I out of luck? Any suggestions welcome.

Josh

Hoopti
08-20-2005, 01:37 AM
I have a model from Carrera, its file extension is .car. Anyway for me to get it into lw? If lw doesnt import it natively, could I open it in another package and save it as something that lw would read? Or am I out of luck? Any suggestions welcome.

Josh

Carrara can export objects in the .obj format, and also export the texture maps along with it. If you don't own Carrara and need it exported, send me a PM and we'll figure out a way to get it to me and back to you in a form you can read. My partner has Carrara still on his machine, and he keeps it current as well. He just loves messing in there for simple things. My wife also likes messing with it since it's easy. So no worries and we'll get it in so you can use it in LW.

Hoop

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2005, 01:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.