PDA

View Full Version : Bend Object (following path or shape)

dines
08-17-2005, 07:22 PM
Hi...

is there a way or a plugin which bends a object follwing a path or spine or a shape of an object.

For example I have a Text which should be bend in a certain way.
Like those functions in Vector Grafic Programs where the user can align text to an (around) an object...

would be great if somebody knows a way...

thanks

dines

telamon
08-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Mmmm I do not know if this may suit you but have you tried the spline transform tool?

Another option is to draw a spline, convert it into a skelegon chain and deform the text in layout using the bones.

dines
08-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Great ... thanks ... Spline Guide (or is there something else what you meant because I could not find Spline transform... but anyway) was what I was looking for... I mean it is something I can use to do the things I want... especially with the numeric tool there are some helpful parameters :thumbsup: thanks telamon

But I have a question according your 2nd approach. If I create an object and draw a spline line convert this to skelgons and have formed bones in layout. This would not bend my object because this would be only bend if bones were moved. Because this is their rest position. But when I would try to move them my object would bend. So basically a straight line of bones through my object would do it... did I got something wrong or did you mean something else???

KillMe
08-18-2005, 12:11 AM
what about c-bend it works with continuous geomtry not sure about stuff like text though

otehr thing you might try is splineguide

dines
08-18-2005, 12:27 AM
thanks I tried c_bend.... was not so good with text... because it basically gave the single letters the direction of the spline and did not actually bend them... splineguide was much better....

thanks
dines

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2005, 12:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.