PDA

View Full Version : Characters - 2 flying angels fighting. nudity

Goliath
08-17-2005, 03:59 PM
hello!

I am making a new picture, and before I put armor on these 2 angels, I want to have correct anatomy.

I have put lots of energy into drawing the muscles as correct as i can, but I"m sure there]s problems with the muscles, aswell as proportions. Therefore I would like critique from you guys so i can continue my picture, and start making it into a CG project in PS.

http://www.illusions.dk/billeder/angelscan.jpg

if you wonder why they have no wings, well its because they will cover much of the picture and i need their poses|proportions to be correct :)

fourcrowsArt
08-17-2005, 05:06 PM
The first thing I see is the woman looks all stumpy...she needs a longer torso I think...

your gadgets are cool! I never do gadgets, I need to try that...

:)

Goliath
08-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Hmm yeah I see what you mean, or maybe its her legs that are too long.
I]ll look into it,
in the meantime, please guys, do tell me what else is wrong :)

sho-nuff
08-18-2005, 05:43 AM
Sup...i reckon u need to scrap it and do some more thumbnail sketches of your composition. The idea is pretty cool but i feel that your limiting its potential by not exploring different ways to compose the image. In doing so you will gain something with primo gusto!!

Goliath
08-18-2005, 08:24 AM
Well actually this is the second pose for the male and the 5th pose for the female :)
Iuse a glass table with light to try new poses and redraw the entire pic.
I have gotten much more action in the picture, than what I started out with, i really like their poses now, but if you have a suggestion for a change, feel free to share your thoughts.
I have to redraw the picture anyway, when I am sure their proportions are about right.

Thanks for your replies, I appriciate it.

Monster_General
08-18-2005, 08:48 AM
I only see errors with those faces .... otherwise they very cool :thumbsup:

Goliath
08-18-2005, 09:21 AM
MG what do you think is wrong with their heads, the general form or the placement of ears nose etc ?

http://www.illusions.dk/billeder/angelheads.jpg

I drew a quick outline for my plan with the wings aswell, I want them big so they can carry a human heh..

http://www.illusions.dk/billeder/angelwings.jpg

Monster_General
08-18-2005, 09:27 AM
I mean their faces seems ugly for an angel :sad:

Goliath
08-18-2005, 09:34 AM
oh :P okey.

Goliath
08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
well i have now noticed, i think, that her right-bent leg is positioned wrong, and her legs are... well just too long. and i see problems with the males left arm, holding the sword looks wrong, i cant figure out the foreshortening how its supposed to be done..

Im really in need of some feedback.

cant afford to buy books about drawing, cant even afford the new harry potter :shrug:

give me some feedback and i will make a wonderfull picture :)

BMunchausen
08-18-2005, 11:03 PM
One of the problems as I see it is that the woman's limbs look a little rubbery, like they lack bones. Most obvious in the woman's right leg. The foreshortening on the woman's left arm isn't convincing; study the way that contour on the inside of the elbow looks on someone's arm when it's bent that way. It's critical that you get that overlap correct or it won't work.

The heads also have problems with perspective among other things. The woman's hairline if you observe hairlines on real people, would extend down a little in front of her ear - right now it looks like she shaves it up over her ear. The man's face needs to be studied more carefully. I can tell you know that in that position, the lines should arc downward, but the shapes need to be more carefully observed - try looking at your own face in a mirror and doing a study. That should help.

There's a lot that's right with this - just little detail things that are holding it back right now.

Goliath
08-18-2005, 11:12 PM
thank you, exactly the reply i was waiting for. It is however late now, but i will post an update tomorrow, and hopefully be ready to work in PS the day after

Goliath
08-31-2005, 10:49 PM
so I finally had time to update, and took some advice from you BM, thanks again.
took longer than expected cause i got a job at Burger king (yeah one has to earn money somehow ;) )

I made her feet abit smaller than his, and changed the arm holding the shield. i redrew her face entirely, and I'm satisfied with her face now.

If there's anything that i still need to change, please do tell me. I'm not that confident with human anatomy.

http://www.illusions.dk/billeder/angelheads2.jpg

http://www.illusions.dk/billeder/angelupd2.jpg

Overchord
08-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Coming along great - love the idea :thumbsup:
It seems to me like there is still a problem with her right leg - I reckon its the upper bit that is actually a bit too long or its simply the thickness of the thigh coming out from behind the body that seems about the right proportion at the base of the hip instead.

But - "Go fornoejelse - glaeder mig til at se mere" :)

Goliath
09-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your post Jens R.
I think you are right, theres something I need to change there, I'll look into it after todays shift.
and i enjoy making this picture, I'll post an update late tonight or tomorrow :)

If theres anything else you guys think is wrong, then keep posting, It's v.much appriciated.

Reaver2k
09-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Major improvement on the womans face well done. Arm foreshortening is better but still not perfect.

A couple of problems that i notice when looking at it are:

1) the man and his sword, with the mans current left arm position, it looks as though the sword would go behind his head, hard mistake to correct but I would try get the man on more of an angle.

2)Anatomy of legs (I dont know alot about anatomy but ive just read a 300 page book on it so I'm hoping ive learnt something!) The woman seems to be missing her semitendinosus (that how you spell it?!) i.e sorta tendon looking things just above the calf (back of the knee). ATM the leg looks asthough it flows through a prefect curve, with the current anatomy I think there should be abit more bend at the knee (more of an angle).

Thigh sticks out abit too much on the males right leg (I think) and would you be able to see that much of the calf from this angle? I don't know but I'm not quite happy with that.

Great work keep it up! Harsh crit only makes you better, I'm picky, sorry :P
Don't know if thats any help but there you go anyway!

Goliath
09-01-2005, 02:16 PM
sure Reaver2k it's what im asking for, its great help thanks :) just a few words i have to look up in the dictionary ;) but now i have to go to work, can't wait to get home and continue!

Llynna
09-01-2005, 02:54 PM
i made a quick redline overpaint. i hope that was allright.

http://666kb.com/i/10q909cntbbi8.jpg

i am not the best expert in anatomy but i hope this will help you. your figures are missing some length and you also build the lower parts of the arms and legs too short.

i really love the idea and am curious how this is going to turn around :)

Goliath
09-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Llynna, yeah I see what you mean 'bout the short limbs, Thanks for your reply :)
exept his left arm holding the sword, I just need to draw it correctly, becuse its meant to bend out towards the .. audience ..
I'm going to install my dictionary and re-read Reaver2k's reply again, and then I'll return my update in 3 or 4 hours, even tho I'm wasted after work hehehe.

Thanks everyone!

Goliath
09-02-2005, 12:55 AM
so I have to sleep now, This is what I managed to draw. I will ofcourse reevaluate my picture first thing tomorrow, and try to finish this part of the process, so that I can start toying with it in - fotyshop :)

comments and critique still welcome,

I'll work on this piece till its done. I'm not sure If the changes are enough, are the legs still too short ? I didnt extend exactly as you advised Llynna, but i made them longer, and put on more sway in her lower body, and twisted the males arm holding the sword, - so that it should look correct.
made some minor muscle changes aswell here and there. like the males thigh and calf, according to reaver2k's advice
but i think i have to get a picture of a foot, seen from below, her foot does look strange i think.

please keep posting :)

http://www.illusions.dk/billeder/angelupd3.jpg

xric7
08-28-2006, 04:25 PM
hi,
it's cool!i like angel.the pose is awesome.nice sketch.:) :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
08-28-2006, 04:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.