PDA

View Full Version : eyebrow

yahll
11-01-2002, 11:39 PM
I want to share this test
I use to paint the eyebrow in the bump but I was disappointed with the result so I tried another methods.

And I found out the that there is no better trick than actually modeling the hair.

What do you think?

proton
11-01-2002, 11:44 PM
I think I see a great tutorial in the making :)

Ithink it will alsop make it look more realistic then an image...great job!

ub52
11-01-2002, 11:45 PM
Care to post a really spiffo method for combing the tangled mess err... mesh.

Bytehawk
11-02-2002, 12:04 AM
did you place all those hairs by hand or du you have some sort of technique to clone the hairs?

yahll
11-02-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
did you place all those hairs by hand
More or less
I created one hair with a UV map
Then I made three sets of three hairs with different deformations.
and....
copy one set... paste it.... rotate or move it .... and copy the whole thing and start again.

Just try, it's quite fast

Bytehawk
11-02-2002, 12:30 AM
might do so

need about the same kind of detail on the character I'm building.

(really need some more quality time on that model, haven't had a lot of time recently)

BTW
do you know the story behind the bull you use as an avatar?

yahll
11-02-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Bytehawk
do you know the story behind the bull you use as an avatar?
Sure I do http://www.osborne.es/index2.htm
The avatar is from a photograph I took one month ago

Bytehawk
11-02-2002, 12:14 PM
brings back good memories from when I was a child. Everytime I saw that bull on the mountains I knew I had arrived in Spain.

erikals
11-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Looks great,

(Q: will you use this method for the hair as well, I'm just thinking you might possibly run into problems if you want to animate the character. The hair would be stiff)

Nice model:)

Remi
11-05-2002, 08:56 PM
I like it. Perhaps the time it takes to set up is worth the results.

TUTORIAL PLEASE. show us how you did this step by step.

:)

rock
11-05-2002, 11:44 PM
Yahll,

If you find some time to write a detailed tutorial for all of us? This method is greater than the bitmap ones in a lot of ways.

Thanks.
Rock

yahll
11-07-2002, 11:17 PM
Ok, looks like I have something to do this weekend . :)
I should be finished by Monday

To Erikals:
>>>>will you use this method for the hair
no on my pc, too much polygons, but you can use it for the sideburns or for short hair

To Bytehawk
>>>>brings back good memories
Same thing here,
I even remember the first time I saw it on the road.. pretty impressive when you are a kid

Bytehawk
11-08-2002, 12:43 AM
looking forward to your tutorial

Ayreon
11-13-2002, 09:34 PM
Yahll: is the tutorial still something you plan on doing? You would make me a happy man, because I'm trying to create eyebrows the way you did, bu somehow I can't get it right!?:rolleyes:

Well, hope to see the tutorial soon!

Ayreon

KOryH
11-13-2002, 09:45 PM
No offence to anyone asking for a tutorial, but c'mon.
The technique is already explained. Itís up to you to look in a mirror or a magazine and figure out how eyebrows work and look.
There is not going to be a magic solution. Just like anything artistic there needs to be an understanding of what you are trying to do.
All I can say is that you need to do some research into this and stop expecting a tutorial to make up for the fact that you didn't do any preparation.

Sorry I f this comes across harsh, but it is a pet peeve of mine when artists think there is EVER an easy way out, or that someone can distill years of art training and experience into one paragraph.

Ok, I'm done.

I'm waiting to see if magic really does exist.

Ayreon
11-13-2002, 09:59 PM
KOryH :

There is not going to be a magic solution

Really:rolleyes:
I didn't think there would be, seeing as I've got quite some years of modeling experience, and I know tha only time and alot of practice make you a good modeler. But this method is something I could really use. I'm trying it, and I know with more practice that it will become good. I didn't ask for the tutorial, Proton did, and Yahll said it would be done by next week. So I just figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Maybe if the tutorial shows up, the explanation will be more than the three lines you are refering to, and maybe the aditional lines contain usefull information, a lot of us could benefit from.

Ayreon

yahll
11-13-2002, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by KOryH
No offence to anyone asking for a tutorial, but c'mon.
The technique is already explained.

I agree, that's why is taking me so long.... I finished the tutorial and realise that is just... make a hair and copy it a few times..

The only good thing is that I found another way of doing it that provides more control over the shape, and this could be a good tutorial about morphing, EMIX (http://www.3dcg.ne.jp/~xdd/freeplugins6/Emix/index.html) weightmaps and other use of UV.

yahll
11-13-2002, 11:37 PM
oPs, nor that EMIX... is another one Emix Plus (http://www.3dcg.ne.jp/~xdd/freeplugins6/Emixp/index.html)

Check this out (www.yahlls.com/tmp.avi)
this will give you the idea of what I'm talking about... this plugin is really cool

erikals
11-14-2002, 04:44 PM
Hmm...
So it's a Endomorph mixer like the one in Layout, but for Modeler instead?:curious:

Am I right?

yahll
11-14-2002, 04:52 PM
yep, more or less is the same..
This plugin can blend endomorphs into a new morph

the good thing about this is that you get an eyebrow that you can reuse and easily setup for another character... kind of an eyebrow plugin:)

erikals
11-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Cool,
This will be fun:)

Thanks for the link

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.