PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Animation

PereBalsach
11-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Hi There,
It's a Animation test. I do it with 3D Studio MAX.
Can you tell me what do you think?
It's a DivX 5 avi

http://www.geocities.com/p_balsach/turtle_fly.zip

goosh
11-01-2002, 09:58 PM
Cute

The colors are really distracting..

But as far as the animation goes.. I like it except the end where it hits the wall... It starts rotating and anticipating the hit waaaay back... I would have it flying straight to the wall and in the last few frames have it slap against the way.. you would feel the impact a lot more

Nice test

Goosh

Rogue
11-01-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by goosh
Cute

The colors are really distracting..

But as far as the animation goes.. I like it except the end where it hits the wall... It starts rotating and anticipating the hit waaaay back... I would have it flying straight to the wall and in the last few frames have it slap against the way.. you would feel the impact a lot more

Nice test

Goosh
I agree.

You could also have him notice the wall a little earlier and try to stop (arms flailing, turning the neck but the eyes keep looking at the wall, etc.), but momentum still smashes him into the wall.

Frinsklen
11-02-2002, 11:57 AM
weird...

I like the way it raises from the ground, very nice. Once it's in the air, you could exaggerate the anticipation just before it goes off the screen.
But the most important thing is what these guy's have said about the way it smashes into the wall... it moves slower in the last frames and that doesnt make any sense.

and why those colors?

Saludos

PereBalsach
11-03-2002, 09:30 AM
Thank you everybody for your comments!!.

Frinsklen: I think the same of you. In the part that goes off the screen. I will make the anticipation. Would be better.

goosh: Yes I feel more the impact if i rotate the turtle in the last moment. The slap will be better.

About the colors....jejejee it's an animation test from my company , it's a company question. I canīt change it, i donīt like it too.

Now Iīm modifying the animation. As soon as possible I post the modifyed animation.

Saludos.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.