PDA

View Full Version : AlphaRalpha Availability?

devin
08-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Anyone know if AlphaRalpha is any longer available? I checked the Tuff's site and it's still listed along with it's pdf manual but the download option has been greyed out. A future update for LW?

Would this even solve my issue? I've got a simple glass object that I need to comp in AE with several animated objects appearing underneath (obviously I won't need a true refractive effect). Anyway, I need this still frame for the comp to match up to the animated zoom that precedes it but so far my exported frames with alpha haven't yielded this. I haven't really found any great solutions so far but thought I'd hit the forum up.

Oh, I should add that this is for a legal animation so I'm not trying to achieve a true glass effect but instead "hint" at one (i.e. it's shiny, reflective, and transparent but I'm not using raytraced trans., refraction, and reflection). It's just not required for our needs. Essentially, I just need a good alpha export for something transparent, not for a true glass look.

Thanks.
Devin

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2005, 08:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.