PDA

View Full Version : SDKs and manual keyframing

Dialector
08-16-2005, 05:34 PM
I have a robot character who has 36 set driven keys for all its needed motions. The sets drive joints on which are parented the robot's geometry. It works fine. But I have noticed that I have lost the ability to just select a joint and set a key frame. They show up in the time line but do not work. So now I can only animate the character with the set driven keys. Thats ok with me as its an efficent workflow for this particular character (who only needs a limited set of predefined motions). Ideally I would like to option to do both on the same set up. Im assuming this is happening because a channel can only be controled by one thing at a time. How would I rig a character to have its joints both controlled by some SDKs and retain the ability to manually keyframe the joints?

rmsmedia
08-17-2005, 06:24 AM
Usually for this kind of stuff I would group (and match pivot and rotation axis) anything I am going to drive automatically so that I have an alternate transform node identically matching the driven channel so that I can key on top or below the driven channels.

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2005, 06:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.