PDA

View Full Version : Lucifer Concept for short animation

eunuchbot
08-16-2005, 06:02 PM
This is one of the concepts for a short I am working on... the idea was: When Lucifer fell to earth he fell at such speed and friction (earth's atmosphere) that bone fragments from his skull softened and jutted out of his skin thus forming his horns... what do you think?
http://bb.synergyprod.com/files/30.jpg

Zephyri
08-16-2005, 06:10 PM
I really like the idea behind the concept, a very believable way of him getting his horns. I think it's a great start, but if that were the case, I'd imagine them as a little more knarled, maybe thinning out a bit more, and flicked at the end (thinking on how hot air would flow over the skull and the shapes it might produce), especially those on his cheeks - if he fell vertically downwards, would they not curve up more?. Like the way the skin is coming on too... are you going to bring in a singed look to that too? I'll keep an eye on this, Luci is a fave character of mine no matter how he's concepted.

eunuchbot
08-16-2005, 06:20 PM
I was thinking he fell at sort of a belly flop kind of orientation. I'll have to find some more reference to accurately do the horns, but I think you're right. I may go a little more singed, but I want expressions to read loud and clear, so I'm trying to minimize distractions. The horns were also designed to resemble a crown subconsciously.

Thanks for the comments, keep 'em coming!

Paul

BMunchausen
08-16-2005, 10:51 PM
That's an extremely cool idea! I like that rationale a lot. :)

I like the idea of the bones looking more like burnt wood or something...and maybe varying the tones of the skin into darker shades too, like he was burnt up in the atmosphere. Nice work.

Euphrosyne
08-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Original and cool. I really like your concept. I will be watching for progress.

eunuchbot
08-17-2005, 12:44 AM
Thank you guys for the incouragement!! Here's a little update: sharped the horns some, got rid of some of the pink, and added a little singe... C&C please

http://bb.synergyprod.com/files/32.jpg

eunuchbot
08-17-2005, 06:04 PM
I darkened a few things and added more texture, I think it's pretty much done, unless anyone has a suggestion... anyone?
http://bb.synergyprod.com/files/33.jpg

fourcrowsArt
08-17-2005, 06:08 PM
this is gorgeous! I liked it better without all the veins or cracks, (whichever they are)

His eyes are my favorite, and the horns...wow!

Euphrosyne
08-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Are you going to put something in the background or tell us anything more about him?

eunuchbot
08-18-2005, 12:19 AM
I can't say too much about the short, but most of it takes place in hell and there are a few demons that will get the spotlight. I don't think I'll put anything in the background for now, because I want him to be lonely.

Paul

Thanks for all your help guys, I only have two other people to show it to before it gets a final approval!

AmyScott-Murray
08-18-2005, 04:14 PM
Really nice idea :) I just wondered if there might be some parts missing from the round part of his skull, where the horns came out from - or that they would be somehow merged together at the bottom of the spikes. At the moment, it looks a little like the horns are extra bones stuck on, rather than melted extrusions from his skull. Looking forward to seeing 3d models though :)

eunuchbot
08-18-2005, 05:29 PM
You're right, the skull does look extra bare there, I'll have to do something about that, thanks for pointing that out. I may just add more horns (to continue the whole crown idea). thanks!

Erikoinen
08-18-2005, 05:52 PM
I'd say the skin is too desaturated (unless you're going for it).
It looks just a tad too flat, maybe some more highlights to make more contrast to the image?
Maybe the lips would look better with another colour than the skin colour?

Your call. :)

eunuchbot
08-19-2005, 07:35 AM
I went with more muted tones for his skin because I wanted a sickly, dead kinda feel... I will add more highlights though. As for the lips... I'll add more blood stains... thanks for the ideas!
Paul

PS I've started the other main demon, I'll post her in a new thread though, maybe tomorrow.
cya

Monster_General
08-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Aha ... I am a fan of monsters and mutated thingies ... This one is especially great ... make colours more dark ( specially red areas must be freakish ) so it will become COOL :thumbsup:

eunuchbot
08-22-2005, 07:02 AM
I darkened the red, added some rim light, added some more highlight... and added the skeleton-like wings (are they too much?)
hopefully this is it, so I can move this over to the finished 2d section!
Pab
http://bb.synergyprod.com/files/34.jpg

eunuchbot
08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I fixed the skull (the crack was bugging so I looked it up, there isn't one! so I took it out) and I also shaved some off the right side of his skull. Finished?
pab
http://bb.synergyprod.com/files/35.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2005, 05:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.