PDA

View Full Version : DirectX 9 cause crash on IK chain select

kieljan
08-16-2005, 02:33 PM
I was wondering wether anybody could offer advice...
I have ATI Radeon 9550 Grphx card, 3ds Max 7...In the past I used OpenGL as the graphix driver but switched to directx a while ago after i tested the performance on some of my more intense scenes. All was fine until just a day or so ago - my one scene kept crashing; i soon narrowed it down to realizing that it would crash each time i selected one of two ik chains (not instanced as far as i recall). I then tried to switch to OpenGL and voila, no more crashes.

If needs be i'll just continue with the OpenGL, but i would sure like to know if there might be a setting or sumthin in directX (grphx card settings) that would change it? Anybody with experience in this area?

BTW i'm running the latest drivers, downloaded just a few days ago from ATI...

tx

Oh yeah - i tried to switch the "enable geometry instancing" on in grphx card settings + various other settings (Mipmap quality, etc.) - but it was mostly shots in the dark - nothing worked...

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2005, 02:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.