PDA

View Full Version : Symmetry modelling (XSI)

MarieL
08-16-2005, 08:37 AM
Hi everyone!

Only weeks ago I was hired as a 3d trainee, learning XSI. I alredy have experience in 3d's max, and I'm learning to enjoy XSI too.
My problem...
I've been wondering in frustration about something since I began modelling in XSI, and that is how to use symmerty WHILE polymodelling (extruding edges) because I love working this way in 3d's max.(when modelling faces for example) Whenever I use symmerty on my XSI model I cannot extrude polygons or edges like in 3d's max. I've been looking through the helpfiles for this, but I cannot find it explained. I hope someone can help out!

Marie

grahamef
08-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Clone the half-object, use Symmetrize Polygons on the clone, then make the clone unselectable. You can now work on the original half-object and the clone will update automatically. If you want, you can also apply Display properties so that the half-object is always wireframe and the clone is shaded (turn off Override Object Properties for the viewport if you want to do this).

Opelfruits
08-16-2005, 07:35 PM
select object - clone single - duplicate symmetry (still with clone selected) - delete first clone

Puffin
08-23-2005, 01:13 AM
I use Cone object -> type in -1 X scale in the transform pannel and thats it... oh I set the clone to be unselectable in its visibility settings also.

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2005, 01:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.