PDA

View Full Version : aaarrrggghhhh...muscles!!

a_joke
08-16-2005, 07:25 AM
hi i'm having a bit of trouble with building an expression for muscles. i've looked online at lwhub.com and i also bought a book lw3d [8] cartoon chrtr creation V2 by j. gorden and i get alot of weirdness. first the target null is fine but then after the expression the other nulls on the same side move on the z axis. i have no idea what's wrong . i've even done the tutorial on lwhub.com and it still didn't work and i did it to the letter. i've even looked at the manual with little avail. i need some help.

thanx,

a_joke

telamon
08-16-2005, 02:15 PM
check at flay.com there are 3 or 4 muscle bone plugins. Personnally I use RV_Rigging tools which is very simple to set up.

a_joke
08-18-2005, 10:02 PM
i just downloaded it thanks for the suggestion. i'll probably be able to toy with it this weekend.
a_joke

kretin
08-20-2005, 05:50 AM
The muscle bone modifier in RV_Tools is much easier, and faster than using expressions, but more limited than expressions.

As far as your expression... Are you putting the expression onto the bone? Are you putting the expression on the Z Scale channel of the bone?

a_joke
08-20-2005, 07:50 AM
hey mr. gorden i just bought your book...vol.2. and it's terrific!!! the only book that i can honestly say that touches on what i've always wondered about. this is a great honor:applause: .
anyway in the motion panel of the bone i'll go down the droplist and select exprssn. i'll type it the way you have it ( substituting my bones ) and it won't work. i've even used exprssn builder and nothing happens. and whenever i try to go back into motion panel( after i wtite the exprssn) it doesn't have the exprssn any more so i'll have to rewrite it all over again. i'm just confused. maybe i didn't read it correctly...i'm real new at rigging and such. in lightwave anyway.

kretin
08-20-2005, 08:33 AM
Thanks a_joke :)

Only thing I can think of is to make sure you hit "Enter" after writing the expression in. If you don't hit "Enter" after writing or editing expressions, then the change isn't recorded.

Feel free to email me the scene you're having trouble with and I'll see if I can work out what's going wrong

ranhell
08-22-2005, 03:18 AM
:shrug: Ive always just used morphs for my muscle...never realy thought of expressions...

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2005, 03:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.