PDA

View Full Version : Particle & Object Animation using sound

RDJernigan
08-16-2005, 07:08 AM
i am trying to get objects in my maya file to animate to a .wav sound file. the aduio imports fine and i can scrub threw it. I am trying to use the Audio wave to drive several particle systems and to drive the scale and translate of objects in the scene.

Thanks for any suggestions or help you can offer

gmask
08-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Hmm I think there might be a plugin for this now but what I used to do was to create keyframes from the audio amplitude in After Effects and then import those keyframes into Maya.

Oh it's called audioWave.mll and it's part of the bonus tools that yu can download for free from alias.com

sn rajpurohit
08-31-2005, 06:13 AM
hi sir(gmask)...can you plz tell me how to import keyframes from after effects into maya. I have made a abstract 3d scene in maya and now i want to move it on the beats of the audio. I have create keyframes from the audio in after effects but now how i export those keyframes to maya and how to attach it with the properties of the 3d scene so that i can move (dance) my scene according to the audio...plz help..

SN RAJPUROHIT
Motion graphics student
India

Bonedaddy
08-31-2005, 06:48 AM
Edit: I'm a doof, ignore me.

CGTalk Moderation
08-31-2005, 06:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.