PDA

View Full Version : Space Girl and the Frog

birdybear
08-16-2005, 03:54 AM
Ok... so i'm doodling again! I think I'm going to give my other sketch a rest for a while because to be honest my file is at work and I'm just not happy with how it is going. I thought it would be more fun to have some narrative in the piece and here goes:

a girl kissing a space frog... what will happen? only time will tell.

NEWEST:

Most Recent Update:

Whew, seems like I havn't had a single moment all week to sit down and work on this one. I havn't changed much on the picture except that I extended the picture format and moved the ship so that there was a little bit more dynamics going throughout and added the subtle blues you can see. Things are still a bit of a mess but hey, isn't that the fun part?!

I'd love any comments.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/birdybear/spacegirl03.jpg

Hoppergrass
08-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Cool idea, she is very Jetsons. Maybe she is kissing a space frog alien?

JH

birdybear
08-16-2005, 04:40 AM
(REPEAT POST SO THAT I CAN DELETE IMAGE IN FIRST POST AS AN UPDATE EACH TIME I HAVE SOMETHING NEW)

Ok... so i'm doodling again! I think I'm going to give my other sketch a rest for a while because to be honest my file is at work and I'm just not happy with how it is going. I thought it would be more fun to have some narrative in the piece and here goes:

a girl kissing a space frog... what will happen? only time will tell.

NEWEST:

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/birdybear/space-girl-and-frog.jpg

SKETCH: (ha ha only fifteen minutes ago or something like that... this is going rather quickly)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/birdybear/spacefrog.jpg

Tell me, should I pursue the idea? I will most likely redo the shuttle. Perhaps I'll even make a space castle, or home instead. Yeah... i think that idea is better. Like the impracticality of her helmet? Hee hee, i do. I think lots of wild colored foilage will be nice and a duller looking suit. Perhaps a wild colored frog? Or green maybe so that it still looks kind of like a frog? Perhaps it doesn't even matter

kira-hime
08-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Really awesome concept, I hope you find this one more fun to work on, I'd love to see it finished! :thumbsup:

birdybear
08-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Justin Hunt: Thanks and yes, totally a space alien frog... something about this frog just isn't quite right. And Jetsons... hmmm, yes she does remind me of that style a bit now!

kira-hime: Thanks for the comment. I'm already having three times as much fun so I suspect this is what I should have been working on all along!

Updates hopefully in a couple days.

Ilikesoup
08-16-2005, 04:43 PM
Really cute. I like the sketchiness of the black & white drawing -- looks like a New Yorker cartoon. Also, nice touch with the flag atop the lunar lander -- reminds me of the flag from the magic kingdom, and reinforces the fairytale feel of it.

BTW, I have monitor envy.:blush:
Can you post images smaller so I don't have to scroll left and right?

Miyagu
08-16-2005, 05:31 PM
i love the expression of the alien frog.. so cute! the slip knot on her back is a nice touch too.. like some starship-princess or future-housekeepergirl :)

gogogo! :thumbsup:

birdybear
08-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Ilikesoup: Hey, thanks for the comment. Yeah.. he he he, I thought I should shrink the pictures. I'll have to wait until I get home to do that.

dunklegold: thanks for stopping by! I was wondering if people would notice the bow. You have such attention to details.

Hope to see you both again.

birdybear
08-29-2005, 04:52 AM
Most Recent Update:

Whew, seems like I havn't had a single moment all week to sit down and work on this one. I havn't changed much on the picture except that I extended the picture format and moved the ship so that there was a little bit more dynamics going throughout and added the subtle blues you can see. Things are still a bit of a mess but hey, isn't that the fun part?!

I'd love any comments.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/birdybear/spacegirl03.jpg

Ilikesoup
08-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I missed it the first time, but the woman's arm looks too long.

I really like how you've retouched the highlights on her face and softened the one on her arm. Not sure if her eyes are open in the update but I think it's a more appropriate expression. By contrast, she looks asleep with her eyes closed.

birdybear
08-29-2005, 02:29 PM
ilikesoup: Yes, I caught the arm thing too after I made some adjustments... there's probably a whole slur of problems with her anatomy due to my quick sketch (he he). Ahhh yes, I like the idea of keeping her eyes open (and no, they aren't open right now). You are right, and it helps the story a bit more too.

Thanks so much for the comment.

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2005, 02:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.