PDA

View Full Version : Making a logo in Lightwave?

Eddie_rossi
08-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Hey guys, here's my problem... Im making the logo for a guild.. but the Text is giving me trouble.. it's always, "Hard To Read". I tried using -Render lines-, Does anyone have any suggestions? Also any other suggestions to make it look cooler, like special affects, Thanks so much for any help! :bounce: oh one more thing.. I can't figure out how to give it aged affects.. Bumps just aren't cutting it for me, how do I paint it! :)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/xaldon/4horse4_0001.jpg

roguenroll
08-15-2005, 09:28 PM
doesnt seem too hard to read for me, but a background different from the text color could help.

You could also render in passes or layers, and composite in photoshop, then you can do what ever you want, and glows, a drop shadow would help pop it out. etc.

jmcinnis
08-15-2005, 09:35 PM
The text is busy enough, the background behind it is even busier and too high contrast, a subtler tone will help pop the text more. It might look more interesting with a few different colored lights shining on it instead of simply an overall white light.

[Sanaloria]Snake
08-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi

Well ... to see if a text can be seen easily from the background, just convert your pic to grey scale, and have a look about the contrast. Here it's pretty the same luminance (the grey convertion won't see more stuff than you can see here ;) ), you may enhance the luminance of either the background or the text (or its contour). You can also make your text like a red hot metal, without overloading with complex procedurals.

Yeah, do first what roguenroll said and then try to make the text more bright.

good luck :)
Snake

stevecullum
08-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Do you have some artistic licence with this?

I would make the text either a different colour or you could do like an aged silver look. Create a nice reflective material and use weight maps and gradients to control where rust and dirt appears. You can acheive quite alot with procedurals if you don't want to paint it.

whereisanykey
08-16-2005, 02:16 AM
Considering the look I would go with a type of metallic finish somewhat similar to the outer area.

blaqDeaph
08-16-2005, 02:50 AM
The quickest fix I can think off is to swap the textures of the text background and the frame. This will make silver text on a gold background in a metallic frame? Or you can do metallic text on gold background with a silver frame!

Eddie_rossi
08-16-2005, 06:36 AM
Thanks guys :) im gona post what I come up with!

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2005, 06:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.