PDA

View Full Version : 2-MINUTE FILM CLUB-Fight: Archer (Live Action)

archerx
08-15-2005, 08:21 PM
so this will be my first live action movie! yes, its gonna be a bit bad. because the planning was good the exectution was not, in fact its amazing this thing got filmed at all! everyone was in a rush since it was our last night together. but i still think its cool. i have alot of editing to do tonight....

stepington
08-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Are you scraping your animation? Or are you still doing both?

archerx
08-15-2005, 10:27 PM
im doing both, i've always wanted to try some live action and this was the perfect excuse! im almost done editing it and its coming out pretty good ! i forgot to record 1 shot but thats ok...

ZaKKoS
08-15-2005, 10:38 PM
i forgot to record 1 shot but thats ok...

mmm...familiar feeling!

archerx
08-15-2005, 11:52 PM
ahahahaha we were drinking abit and i started forgetting the story to the movie (im glad i wrote it down in detail!) but i over looked that part in the rush.

anyways i have a problem.

how can i fix this ?

http://archerx.com/Stuff/problem.jpg

archerx
08-16-2005, 12:02 AM
wait never mind, a friend helped me out, messenger is a wonderful thing :buttrock:

ZaKKoS
08-16-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh c'mon, you've posted this just to show that you have the exposť book!

joking of course:twisted:

I read that you were drinking, well I have an anecdote, once i went to a set totally drunk:
i got this work to do from a friend which then invited me to take a drink with a common friend who was going home (he is colombian).
We started with a simple rum but as the time was passing we got another 2 mojito, i don't know how many rum shots and a black russian (+ probably other things I don't remember). After that we were all drunk but our friend invited us at his home, he made some pasta and after we ate he made his infamous gin tonic (sigh!).
Then me and my friend decided to go home (at last) but it was already 5 in the morning when i reached my home and I had to be at the meeting point at 6:00 so I didn't slept at all. Drunk and tired I had to drive the truck with all the materials to the location (which was out of the city on a river bank). Fortunately I drink water between alchool drinks so with that nearly 2 hrs without drinking alchool, the carbohydrates and the adrenaline, i was able to drive (I've found that if I can't drive I don't drive unlike many others).
I was really messed up and didn't do well my work, i had nausea and I didn't want to went inside the water...such a bad bad bad day!
luckily i knew all the guys who were working and they knew me so this accident didn't left a mark on me but i felt very bad for the whole day. I've sworn that I'll never drink and work again (at least without sleep between the two)!

I can say that this was one of those great lessons you have in life.

archerx
08-16-2005, 12:47 AM
ahahahahaha maybe, but this is part of the begining and i didn't want to have any spoilers :p

stepington
08-16-2005, 03:08 AM
Yeah, the drinking bit is no good. The tequila ruined this shot. I couldn't believe none of us noticed the camera shadow in the frame on this shot.:rolleyes:

Oh well - we were there to celebrate a birthday - so in this instance the film was riding in the back seat.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5899/poopoo4zc.png

archerx
08-16-2005, 09:36 AM
ahahaahahahaha great stories guys ! zakkos you're story sounds very familar cuz that day i reached home at 7:40am (no trains after 1am :sad: ) and i had to go back to the university at 9am!

stepington, i better check my movie and see if i don't have any mistakes like that.... i hope not :P

i was drinking "absinthe" just to try it for the first time, damn that stuff is weird ! it gets you drunk with out really being drunk. but once i got a few shots done i got rid of the feeling. you should see the behind the scenes video, i couldn't remember anything ! i have a behind the scenes video cuz some one accidently pressed record while we were practicing :p

another thing if you want to know how to fix the "interlacing problem" in premiere you have to select the video sequence in the timeline, right click it, go to "field options" and select "always deinterlace" and thats it! hope that helps

ZaKKoS
08-16-2005, 12:30 PM
yes the deinterlace trick works well on computer monitor and if you messed up the field order . If you use it with pal footage on a tv set it helps sell the film fps look. Personally I use a shutter speed of 1/24 which in film is impossible to achieve unless you're going to use a lower fps but it give a nice motionblur, a little more exposure and you don't have to deinterlace :)

steph that's nothing, the first short i've made with my school friends have a scene (that we have cut off) where there is the girl who was doing the backstage right in the middle of the action and we didn't noticed it untill we were in the editing room (aka friend's home)! all without drinking! damn, imagine how we felt when we saw the footage!
And in the same scene taken fron another angle (we had 3 cameras), we were filming a guy entering in a car, you can see that the passenger door is open to let the camera see the inside of the car. I put here a diagram so you can understand :D

archerx
08-17-2005, 08:56 PM
i finished all the editing and here's the movie!

http://www.archerx.com/Movies/OlivierArcher_2-MINUTE-FILM-CLUB720.wmv (http://www.archerx.com/Movies/OlivierArcher_2-MINUTE-FILM-CLUB720.wmv)

Enjoy!

stepington
08-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Pretty funny stuff. Glad to see everyone made up in the end!:)

congratulations! one down - one more to go.

archerx
08-18-2005, 12:02 PM
im glad you liked it, this is just an example of my darkish humour :twisted: if i really wanted to be dark i would have made a car run over the girls in the end... but i don't have a car, and i doubt they would have let me do that.... but maybe when im in cinema school i'll have access to better stuff and props.

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2005, 12:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.