PDA

View Full Version : vue fusion for max

S_Folts2
08-15-2005, 03:28 PM
The Vue 5 Fusion banner on the e-on site mentions a booth at siggraph...Can anyone tell me if it was demo'd? Any additional info (beyond the press release stuff) would be great.

nikki-k
08-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Hi!

I was wondering this as well, although I am interested in Vue Fusion for Maya.

Anyone who was there and got info...

Does one need to own V5I AND Fusion to use? Or is Fusion more of a "plug-in" type thing, period?
Is Fusion like having Infinite, just "inside" the supported 3D app the user has/chooses (ie, Max, Maya)?
Will Eco-system and atmosphere interact with objects created with the 3D app (ie, non-native Vue objects) within a scene created using Fusion?
Any idea on release date?

I ask because I was going to buy V5I using a limited offer, but Fusion *seems* to be the better choice...but if Infinite would be required for utilizing Fusion to it's full abilities...well...

Thx!
nikki :D

mwalter1
08-16-2005, 12:01 AM
From what I saw, yes you will need both Vue5INF and the Vue Fusion plug-in. From there, you import an entire scene into your program (3DS or Maya, Cinema 4D will be available later). The Vue scene parts are rendered with Vue's render, so that way ecosystems can be used. Items you add with 3DS/Maya will use your program's rendering software. It really looked seamless. The objects did render like you would expect. They added a sphere with a reflective material and it did reflect the Vue objects and matched the colors/light. If you click a Vue object, you can move/edit them with the Vue interface.

I spent a lot of time hanging around the Vue booth at Siggraph just to keep watching this demo!

mdunakin
08-16-2005, 06:05 AM
I would of loved to have went there, just to watch Vue and others as well too.
Getting to see them working Vue would of been great in real life.
Did they do any other cool things while you were there that's worth mentioning?

Thanx...........md :)

mwalter1
08-16-2005, 01:06 PM
They talked a bit about their plans for Cornucopia. It's off to a rough start, but I am waiting for it to get off the ground. So far the content and prices look good. They are hoping to make it more than just a store, but a place where people can go to learn and talk about 3D art too.

marcovth
08-18-2005, 12:42 PM
I wonder whether running both Vue Infinite and Max at the same time will be a bit heavy on my computer? Is there any news about whether you can use two computers with Vue Fusion?

I remember that Microsoft was working on a special, processor sharing, cluster version of Windows (similar to Linux), I have to check for news about that.

- Marco.

mwalter1
08-18-2005, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if you can use two computers... The computer they were using for the demo did not seem to have any problems, and they did not mention any special hardware requirements.

Mahlon
08-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Did they give any indication when vue Fusion might be available?

Also, I wonder what max viewport speed is like with the huge number number of objects in an ecosystem. Or does it somehow not have to deal with that geometry from it's own openGL?

Mahlon

mdunakin
08-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Sorry if I sound ignorant, but what exactly is this Vue Fussion?
And what is it used for and what does it do?

thanx..............md :)

Mahlon
08-18-2005, 07:00 PM
mdunakin,
here's the link to their press. You can find out about it there:

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Press/P...ly%2022,%202005 (http://www.e-onsoftware.com/Press/PR.php?date=July%2022,%202005)

Mahlon

Mr-BlueSummers
08-18-2005, 07:14 PM
I'm a max user looking into E-onSoftware's Vue releases, and they look pretty striking.
Will you be able to use Vue5's skys and atmospherics? Was that in the demo?

mdunakin
08-18-2005, 07:27 PM
Thanx for that link, Mahlon :)
I'll check it out in a bit after I finsh getting Vue back up and running again.

...............md :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2005, 07:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.