PDA

View Full Version : Version 1 of 3D Training Toolkit released

malCanDo
08-15-2005, 02:26 PM
Hi all,

CanDo Interactive have just released version 1 of their training application, which aims to revolutionise how 3D modelling is taught to students.

By enabling them to view and interact within their newly created environment in a matter of seconds, using an extremely simple export process, the students interest is maintained during this early, critital stage of learning. ( More complex modelling, lighting and animating skills will be easier to teach to the students, when they have a firm grasp of the basic modelling techniques and still have an interest in 3D content creation ).

A number of colleges and universities are already using this application to teach 3D modelling, with some of these also teaching basic game design skills.

http://www.candointeractive.com/gamedesign/CarGameLevel.jpg

The following 3D applications are supported right out of the box...

* 3DS Max
* Maya
* Lightwave
* TrueSpace ( using the Conversion Pak ) or GameSpace
* Cinema 4D
* Cararra
* formZ
* Electric Image Animation System
* 3D Canvas Pro
* SoftImage XSI ( uses an offline XSI to W3D converter )

The evaluation of the application can be downloaded ( and used completely for free, for personal website usage ) at...
http://www.candointeractive.com/gamedesign/car

FAVOUR REQUEST: If you try and like the application, and know any 3D artists, students or lecturers ( either game related or just 3D related ), please feel free to send them this info and link. Also, if you regularly post on a forum, please feel free to re-post these details there as well.

Many thanks...
Mal

opus13
08-15-2005, 03:59 PM
i just wanted to say that i tried this a while back and it was a lot of fun. its pretty simple, and everyhting is dissectable and understandable in about 10 minutes.

its fun to make your own levels to drive around in :)

malCanDo
08-24-2005, 10:26 AM
> i just wanted to say that i tried this a while back and it was a lot of fun. its pretty simple, > and everyhting is dissectable and understandable in about 10 minutes.
> its fun to make your own levels to drive around in

Thanks for the feedback Opus13!

We've tried to make our solution as easy as possible for 3D artists to try out real-time / game content creation. As you mentioned, 10 minutes is all it should take to try the app out.

Do you have a level online, showing what you created? There's a competition currently underway for the best levels created using the app ( ends Nov 05 ).

Also, has anyone else had a chance to try the app out?

Regards...
Mal

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2005, 10:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.