PDA

View Full Version : Merging 2 Motion Files

blaqDeaph
08-15-2005, 04:43 AM
Hi,

I've got two motion files, which are exported from splines in Modeler, how can I marge them to become 1 motion file?

Mike RB
08-15-2005, 04:59 AM
not sure if this would be the easiest way, but you could make a null in layout create an actor for it in motion mixer, load the 1st motion, save it is a clip, load the 2nd motion, save it as a clip, put both clips on the null at 50% weight...

Mike

evenflcw
08-15-2005, 11:30 AM
You can cut and paste motions (all channels at once) between items quite easily using the dope sheet.

Start by applying the two motions to two separate nulls. Open up scene editor. Highlight and offset the motion of the second null so it starts off when the first on ends (not really necessary, but good for visualisation). RMB click for menu, choose Copy. Now simply highlight were you want this motion appended for the first null. RMB click for menu, choose Paste Over.

Mike RB
08-15-2005, 11:33 AM
I thought he wanted an average of the two. :) Oops.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2005, 11:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.