PDA

View Full Version : My latest work

Eugeny
11-01-2002, 02:07 PM
Hi here my latest work ...
It's flying car. I can't say any more about this project (hope my boss will not burn me for that) :)
http://lobster.ls.huji.ac.il/~eugeny/CGTalk_junk/Adventure_01.jpg
http://lobster.ls.huji.ac.il/~eugeny/CGTalk_junk/Adventure_02.jpg

proton
11-01-2002, 02:22 PM
Cool...reminds me of the old Batmobile....

oxygen_77
11-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Wow! Very shiny!! Nice design, I like the wheel assembly. One thing I noticed though is the reflection looks a bit strange... Well, keep up the good work!

Eugeny
11-01-2002, 02:38 PM
Yea ... The design is bit strange, but it's was supplied by client. The funny thing that this car is seriously developed :)

volk23
11-01-2002, 03:57 PM
cool!
wait, they really makind this thing? how its gonna fly? no wings. Hover? - nothing for stability.

Eugeny
11-01-2002, 04:15 PM
This image can help ...
As i say i cant say any technical descriptions. The firm have some prototype that will fly up to 50 cm so far :)http://lobster.ls.huji.ac.il/~eugeny/CGTalk_junk/Adventure_03.jpg

courtney2018
11-01-2002, 08:51 PM
How is roll going to be controlled? Gyros? Did they fly a scale model 50cm or a full scale version?

Court

Eugeny
11-01-2002, 10:05 PM
Full scale version with pilot behind ...

volk23
11-01-2002, 10:10 PM
heh, not saying anything bad. but the top view reminds me of my window fan in the summer time :)

minus
11-01-2002, 10:17 PM
Really Really well done! - I like it!
Maybe the fan blades are a bit thin? I don't know anything about the original spec though so I could be wronge. ;)

Eugeny
11-01-2002, 10:20 PM
Here is the URL (http://www.turbohawk.com) of client.
It's contain some PDF with technical explanations...

Eugeny
11-01-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by minus
Really Really well done! - I like it!
Maybe the fan blades are a bit thin? I don't know anything about the original spec though so I could be wronge. ;)
I made the blades from images of real fan that used on prototype.
heh, not saying anything bad. but the top view reminds me of my window fan in the summer time
he he i cal this project "flying bath" - it's remind anything except car :D

volk23
11-02-2002, 04:07 AM
oh, this sux. dude broken link

DigitalDeuce
11-02-2002, 04:10 AM
Worked here.

Dude, that is some seriously messed up stuff.

Can you imagine the new spin on Road Rage??

volk23
11-02-2002, 05:38 AM
Eugeny, can you give them some nice renders for the website and delete the onces that are there.

volk23
11-02-2002, 05:50 AM
another comment but not to the model. To the real project of that thing. I really dont understand why they even waste time and money on these flying cars. We cant even control the " todays" cars that dont fly. I really dont see how that thing could be safe at all not to mention to make it fly :) We cant stop things that fly. Few of these flying cars on one block street and crash testing begins. But what the hell do i know ... :)

Eugeny
11-02-2002, 09:43 AM
Eugeny, can you give them some nice renders for the website and delete the onces that are there.
We (Adventure Publishing) will make the new site for these guys - it's the next our project .

another comment but not to the model. To the real project of that thing. I really dont understand why they even waste time and money on these flying cars. We cant even control the " todays" cars that dont fly. I really dont see how that thing could be safe at all not to mention to make it fly We cant stop things that fly. Few of these flying cars on one block street and crash testing begins. But what the hell do i know ...

Them trying to explain on each exhibition (and also u can hear this on the movie that i made) that this is not another flying car - it's new flying solution. And the first (and primary) application for this "flying solution" is ambulance or rescue vehicle.
It's really funny why them wasting time and money for this - them real fans of this stuff, but if u don't know most car makers doing research on this area - it's pretty clear that this kind of vehicles is future .

http://lobster.ls.huji.ac.il/~eugeny/CGTalk_junk/Adventure_04.jpg

Btw. Thank u guys for good words about this work

PS. the link is OK

LNT
11-03-2002, 02:18 AM
yeah Eu,and you are endangering the 21st century's most revolutionary prototype by showing it off to the millions

but despite all your notable 3D efforts Eu,thier machine has a flying potential of a wet brick http://www.aoikenso.net/ap/cg/biggrin.gif

Eugeny
11-03-2002, 09:49 AM
I don't say that this is most revolutionary prototype - them say this ...
... and the reason on which I can't say any technical descriptions - I have signed the document on nondisclosure technical information about this project .
Then i say that the these type of vehicles is future i don't meant exactly this type of car - i mean flying cars (like 5th element or in Star wars). I'm too weary skeptical about flying potential of this vehicle ( i even cal this project "flying bath") but who's care then client pay the money :)

courtney2018
11-04-2002, 04:16 PM
I believe I failed to meantion the main thing that was of interest to you, I do like the work that you did on the model. Looks great. And after seeing their website, they could really benefit from having some better representations of it like you're doing. On the technical side, I also understand your inablility to disclose any information. I currently work in the aerospace field....looking at this model (and idea in general) I can see a future in these types of flying vehicles. However, on this one particularly I question just one thing. Beyond assuming safety, pilot training and computer controlled actions, can you tell me what is physically giving this vehicle roll control? I can see where the thrust, pitch and yaw are being developed from. But I can't see how these fans are giving control to roll. Do the two big fans in the main fuselage tilt any? Is there some other means of controlling roll like gyro's perhaps? This may be beyond what you can disclose and if that's the case I understand. I'm just curious if you can explain it.

Thanks,
Court

Eugeny
11-04-2002, 04:23 PM
This can explain something ...

courtney2018
11-04-2002, 08:04 PM
Ahhh...that makes better sense.

Thanks,
Court

Eugeny
11-04-2002, 08:29 PM
Great :) ... and thanx :wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.