PDA

View Full Version : 1g quality (expensive) ram or 2g value ram?

ArtbyBpc
08-14-2005, 07:40 PM
Going to be using my new machine for mainly Maya, Photoshop, and some gaming. Just wondering what some of you would prefer for more elbow-room with apps. 1g of super low-latency ram like Corsair's TWINX series OR 2g of Corsair Value Ram? Thanks for your help.

Ultimatebadass
08-14-2005, 08:18 PM
If you're not going to overclock your system then the Value ram should do just fine - the latency difference will only be noticable (if at all) in synthetic benchmarks. In rendering (or working with large bitmap images) it WILL make a difference however wether you have 1 or 2 GB available ;)

Buying those 'performance' series ram only makes sense IMO when you're running on higher than standard FSB/HTT and want to have your memory running in synchro mode.

PS. And it's not like you're buying some no-name god-knows-from-where ram - since it's Corsair they both should be good quality (without errors, stable etc.)

Sp1ice
08-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Go with the 2 GB value ram.. the Highend ram is really designed as Ultimate Said for those people who overclock their system or those that just want it thinking the lower latency will make a significant difference (which from what I have tested it doesn't)

LittleFenris
08-15-2005, 08:45 PM
I vote for the 2GB of value RAM also. I went from 512MBs of RAM to 2GBs of RAM and it made a night and day difference in performance on the computer...much more than quality vs. quantity is going to do in this case.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2005, 08:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.