PDA

View Full Version : full hdr scenes to study ?

bolek
08-14-2005, 04:27 PM
are there any free lw scenes that use HDR and are pretty realistic with good lighting that I can download and study how they are setup ? maybe the LW 8 cd has some good one ? i've only seen a few and they didn't use hdr for lighting.

bolek
08-21-2005, 01:30 AM
anyone ? i wanted to see how a good HDR/GI scene is lighted in Lightwave. thanks lots

Frostyboy
08-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Hi bolek
The attached image was rendered in 8.3 using GI and 3 lights. If your interested let me know and I can send you the scene file.
Regards
Frostyboy

bolek
08-21-2005, 11:17 AM
wow that's strange, I was looking at a similar image online but it was a blue bottle :)
yes please send me the image to bolololo2002@yahoo.com
thanks a bunch !!

bolek
08-21-2005, 11:18 AM
is GI same as HDRI ? if not i'm also looking for an HDR scene that uses an HDR image for reflections.

gerardo
08-23-2005, 02:53 AM
is GI same as HDRI ?
Of course not. GI (Global Illumination) is a group of complex mathematical instructions that try to represent the light distribution on surfaces in a direct and indirect way (is mainly the indirect illumination what characterizes GI). To achieve this objective there are a series of methods and approaches implemented in diverse render engines. Commonly GI is confused with Radiosity (not with HDRI) :) I guess that is due to that Radiosity was one of the first algorithms to solve diffuse interaction in GI effect.
HDRI (High Dinamic Range Images) on the other hand, are images that can store wide intensity ranges of luminance and color in its pixels (ranges bigger 10000 times that the common formats). In CG, this capability allows us to use this type of images from surfacing, illumination and render, until post-production to achieve more realistic and interesting results.

if not i'm also looking for an HDR scene that uses an HDR image for reflections.

For HDRIs and reflections, check this liquid-arts tutorial (http://www.liquid-arts.de/tech/JD/JD-01.htm):

http://www.liquid-arts.de/gfx/JD-001.jpg

"you can download the complete scene (LightWave 7) with all objects and surfaces involve"

Gerardo

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2005, 02:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.