PDA

View Full Version : Do we get any trees/plants out of 5i box?

pichoo
08-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi, sorry I'm a bit confused here. Some said the plant editor can only edit 'their' plants? We are not able to create a new one? Is this true?

If true, I also heard that we have to buy their plants.

So is there any plants/trees that comes in the infinite box?

Thanks

dlk30341
08-14-2005, 06:48 PM
1. Yes it's true.

2. V5I comes with about 30 plants....grass/trees(maple, cherry, palm, acacia), fern, and catus & a few others.

3. It's realtively simple to create your own leaf mats to interchange with what is offered(there are plenty of free ones out there as well). Also, there are a lot of free & relatively inexpensive bark textures packages that can be used so you can make accurate trees. You can also combine various trees provided to amke new ones

4. Xfrog is a fantastic alternative to make your own trees, although a bit tuff to grasp, at least for me.

Hope this helps :)

pichoo
08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey thanks. Yeah I know xfrog is best for plants/trees probably, however just want to play around with ecosystem, also with the coming fusion, vue will play nice with other 3d packages. xfrog is more for serious stuff, again its only for maya and c4d for the latest version.

Cheers

mdunakin
08-14-2005, 07:17 PM
And as far as editing the plants that come with Vue, you really don't get to do very
much "editing" at all, meaning that you can't grow more branches and off shoots and
such from the plants they provide. You only get to change the size and slightly the
shape of the plant, like making it droop more or less and change
it's overall size or it's trunk's thickness, but nothing else.
And yeah, you can play with the leaves a bit, but big whoop.
Sorry, I'm not satisfied with the current state of their plant editor.

...............md :)

doonee
08-14-2005, 10:58 PM
pichoo

your questions have been tangented already the following thread to some extend ...

Stupid question, I'm sure, but..... (showthread.php?t=262660)

its somewhere down the first page here...

unfortunately, the title doesnt say much about the content, ...
for one thing, because it aint a stupid question :))

regards
d

mdunakin
08-14-2005, 11:37 PM
I can change that title, just let me know what's a better one? :)

thanx...................md :)

DigReal
08-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that thread goes all over. Don't know what to name it. It was a good thread, tho.:applause:

mdunakin
08-15-2005, 01:19 AM
LOL, yeah, you'll notice you don't really see me in that thread anymore LOL
It DID go all over the place, but like you say, it also was fun :)
And now, it's almost like the title "fits" that thread, in a funny sort of way.

................md :)

doonee
08-15-2005, 01:42 AM
how bout: "good question......" ?
:D
rgds
d

pichoo
08-15-2005, 05:41 AM
unfortunately, the title doesnt say much about the content, ...

I have checked almost all the recent threads before asking this question except that thread :) lol

Walli
08-15-2005, 09:40 AM
xfrog is more for serious stuff, again its only for maya and c4d for the latest version.
Cheers

hi,

almost right, but only almost ;-)

Xfrog 3.5 is available as standalone.
Of course it doesn´t offer all features of Xfrog 4 and also doesn´t benefit from the close integration of Xfrog 4 into Maya/Cinema4D, but on the other hand it works much faster as standalone application and the interface is optimized to create organic structures very quick (of course you have to get used to the UI)

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2005, 09:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.