PDA

View Full Version : im new to rigging please help

powerACE
08-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Hello guys im a bit studying maya and into rigging a character, do you know any tutorial on how to rig a character in polygons? also i want to learn how you link the bone into adding a nurbs object and is it possible to apply maya hair in polygons? i dont seem to get it right,.. little help from the masters here, thanks very much :)

safakoner
08-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Learning Maya - Rigging (http://www.learning-maya.com/rigging.php)

JohnPark
08-30-2005, 05:07 PM
That's a great list of tutorials. I'd also recommend the two Inspired Character Setup books, the Art of Rigging and Inside Maya 5 which has some excellent rigging chapters.
When you ask about how to "link the bone into adding a NURBS object" are you refering to skinning a NURBS object to your joints? This works the same as with polygons: pick the object, pick the joints and head to Skin > Bind Skin > Smooth bind.

-JP

zoc
08-31-2005, 09:56 AM
Or are you refering to parent an object to a secific joint...?
Ex: Select the ring (nurbs torus), shift select the joint > press P....
bye bye!

PS: If your character is a nurbs model, i suggest you to make a low poly model of it, then rigging and skinning it and make it the Wrap of your nurbs model...

Craiger
09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
I'd suggest not worrying about hair yet if you don't know how to rig a poly character. Learn the basics before you try to do it all.

niralrajani
09-15-2005, 06:24 PM
That's a great list of tutorials. I'd also recommend the two Inspired Character Setup books, the Art of Rigging and Inside Maya 5 which has some excellent rigging chapters.
When you ask about how to "link the bone into adding a NURBS object" are you refering to skinning a NURBS object to your joints? This works the same as with polygons: pick the object, pick the joints and head to Skin > Bind Skin > Smooth bind.

-JP

hello sir
i am rigging and cloth artis in india....can i get ur email id would liek to send u some of my work...
Thanks
Niral R

sabungero
09-16-2005, 04:08 AM
Hello guys im a bit studying maya and into rigging a character, do you know any tutorial on how to rig a character in polygons? also i want to learn how you link the bone into adding a nurbs object and is it possible to apply maya hair in polygons? i dont seem to get it right,.. little help from the masters here, thanks very much :)

bili ka ng libro, yun MAYA 5.0 fundamentals pula yun cover

CGTalk Moderation
09-16-2005, 04:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.