PDA

View Full Version : I'm having a problem with the MDX9Lib.dll in VS.NET

GraficOctane
08-14-2005, 12:07 AM
I have VS.NET 2003 and Directx 9 SDK installed and i downloaded the MDX9Lib.dll...

I have problem when i'm trying to add the MDX9Lib.dll to the Toolbox in VB.NET...

this is the message i'm getting....

"The assembly 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio.NET
2003\IDE\MDX9Lib.dll' could not be loaded. Check that any dependencies
the file requires are istalled."

What is causing this and how can i fix it? http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif
(I dont have the MSDN library installed yet...coud this be the problem?)

Lau83
08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
No that isn't the problem.

1. The directX component isn't a component which you can drag and drop onto your application. It's a library with functions which you can call to make use of directX in your application.

2. The DLL you specify isn't the right dll for your VB.Net project. Because you use .net you will have to use the DirectX namespace reference. So go to Project -> Add reference and select Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D and Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX for using Direct3D and its extra function library in your application. You may need Microsoft.DirectX but I'm not sure... you can always add it later if your application doesn't work.

If you want to create DirectX applications in the native way you'll have to create a Win32 C++ project and use the headers and libraries supplied by the DirectX SDK.

BTW: It is advisible to install the Platform SDK and the DirectX documentation, because they give great insight into the inner workings of windows.

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2005, 11:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.