PDA

View Full Version : Will you be using VUE5?

Julez4001
08-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Since VUE will be bundled with Lightwave for a while, will you be using this app whether it be for exporting of terrain or rendering for compsoiting with LW renders.

Signal2Noise
08-13-2005, 07:16 PM
My copy of Vue 5 should arrive on Tuesday. I've never used it before so I can't comment on how exactly I'll incorporate it in with LW. But I do know I'll use it. More than likely as a stand alone app until I figure out it's benefits and limitations. Either way, the price can't be beat and I can't wait to get it!

KillMe
08-13-2005, 07:41 PM
i intend to use my copy when it arrives too - got a project just begging me to use it

ANGEL_OF_WAR
08-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah.

For those wondering what Vue is capable of, check out (and I hope I spell this right) www.cornucopia3d.com (http://www.cornucopia3d.com). Amazing stuff. The trial I had a while back is rock solid. In fact, I almost bought this program seperately. Whew! Dodged that bullet.

KillMe
08-14-2005, 01:27 AM
In fact, I almost bought this program seperately. Whew! Dodged that bullet.

yeah me too

Sequent
08-14-2005, 05:51 AM
Heck yeah! I was planning on getting Vue5 Infinite anyway. See? Sometimes it pays to be "poor" otherwise I would have run out and purchased it as soon as it came out!

thx1138
08-14-2005, 10:35 AM
There's this idea for an animation I've had for a while. It needs a lot of environments so I tried out the demo-version and had some good results already. Now that it comes with [9] life's even better. There's no point in trying something else when you have Vue on your desk. And having E-on's support is a plus, since Vue still has some stability issues.

Also, I'm not a character animator. I like to do environments and photorealistic stuff. So Vue is more up my alley. I also tried Terragen, which sometimes looks even better then Vue, but it's too limited at this time.

Emmanuel
08-14-2005, 01:01 PM
Gonna use it for everything: digital matte paintings, book cover illustration, largy cities (since I saw that You can import buildings for ecosystems, I am like "yehaaaa!"), game backgrounds,
backgrounds for my anim projects etc. Everything.A nature builder in my arsenal is only second to a hair tool in LW :)

digital verve
08-14-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm going to use it to for a housing estate viz project I'm starting on shortly.

grafikdon
08-14-2005, 02:42 PM
I'll be using it come September 'cause there's a project on the line that involves lots of cityscapes and terrains...I believe Vue/Lightwave will deliver even though I taken out time to test-drive the demo. I liked what I saw on their website.

phamarus
08-14-2005, 03:00 PM
I think that the hype will be when Vue fusion arrives...

If it then will be possible to use the ecosystem together with lightwave...that will be awesome, but that will not be enough...I think that the clouds in vue doesn´t deliver
any good results..
except for some whispy clouds perhaps,but with terragen 2 coming up with new fantastic volumetric clouds...the only thing that can match it I believe..is to use truly volumetric clouds like the Ogo Taiki plugin....(a faster version some day I hope)

So that will probably be able to produce som stunning backgrounds Vue Fusion and the ecosystem..together with Lightwave and Ogo taiki.

Phamarus

ANGEL_OF_WAR
08-14-2005, 05:02 PM
My only concern with Vue is that I'm trying to make a short film in Lightwave with celshading, and I'm not sure how to make the Vue renders look integrated. Not that they need to be outlined or anything, but sort of surreal looking.

And V5I does do "toons" to some extent (look at the tutorials section at Renderosity.com) but I haven't seen anyone actually put it into action yet.

Either way, it's an amazing, amazing deal.

colkai
08-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Since VUE will be bundled with Lightwave for a while, will you be using this app whether it be for exporting of terrain or rendering for compsoiting with LW renders.
Abso-fraggin-posa-lutely! :D
I can't wait to get my hands on it as it will be ideal for me creating enviroments for buildings etc..

colkai
08-15-2005, 10:19 AM
Heck yeah! I was planning on getting Vue5 Infinite anyway. See? Sometimes it pays to be "poor" otherwise I would have run out and purchased it as soon as it came out!
Class! :applause:
Yup - same here, (the poor part I mean :p), this sort of deal has given me an inroad I didn't think I'd have. I was just looking to use the free Vue 2 (or whatever it was) that came on a 3DWorld CD. Now, I have much more flexibility and power at my hands - go Newtek! :D

Bonzodogboy
11-17-2005, 03:59 AM
Finally got my Vue Infinite with LW9 Bundle.
I am stoked. The possibilities are endless...
and being able to switch between the two is cool...
:twisted:
one happy 'waver here...

ztreem
11-17-2005, 10:56 AM
I got my copy of Vue5 yesterday and havn't used it much yet, but it will come in handy I'm sure.

TRick
11-17-2005, 11:10 AM
Since we were not able to (stabily) use the latest [8] version in production, we are still on [7.5d]. There is also no time for bug hunting and reporting, so the [9] upgrade wil probably wait until people have the general feeling it IS stable !!!

jburford
11-18-2005, 08:57 PM
I also received the Vue 5 Infinit package with Lightwave 8.5 system, but have only really played around a bit with it. Wish there are some good tutorials to get worked in,. but do not seem to find them.

krimpr
11-21-2005, 01:59 PM
http://market.renderosity.com/%7Evue/backroom/backroom.html

Here is an index to some for you.

videoguy455
11-21-2005, 11:42 PM
The LightWave Vue 5 Special will last until we ship LightWave 9. So you had better order soon!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Zane Condren
Inside Sales
NewTek Inc.

CGTalk Moderation
11-21-2005, 11:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.