PDA

View Full Version : Side Panels as Menu's

svenip
08-13-2005, 04:58 PM
sorry pretty new to XSI, but i saw one really nice feature at siggraph presentations. the had all their side panels (Modeling, Animate, ....) as seperate Menu Items in the Main Menu Bar.

which is very nice, as it first opens up screen space, i have all the menu's always visible (they even have color coding).

it might be a 5.0 feature as it was a presentation of it, but maybe im lucky and someone knows.

thanks in advance

Chinny
08-14-2005, 03:25 PM
In 5.0 you can hide the left hand module menus. But they are ALL still available on the top and as a bonus you can tear them of and make them all floating menus.

Chinny

RangTang
08-14-2005, 04:36 PM
XSI 5 has tear-off menus? This isn't listed as a new feature or in the Migration from Maya list. It was one thing I really missed before.

mharrison
08-15-2005, 01:19 AM
XSI 5 has tear-off menus? This isn't listed as a new feature or in the Migration from Maya list. It was one thing I really missed before.

Yes, it does have tear-off menus. They are demonstrated in one of the videos on this page:

http://www.softimage.com/Products/Xsi/v5/nfvt/default.asp

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2005, 01:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.