PDA

View Full Version : IS There Any Tools That helps Edit in Shake

rogercg
08-13-2005, 08:28 AM
I know it is not wise to edit clip in shake. But my workshop has to be so. My edit tools is FCP(Final Cut Pro), the clip is Hd1080i, I have export the original clip from FCP. After composed in shake and AE, I got the Tga sequence, And FCP is not like read them back. So I have to work it in shake. Any Micro and Suggestion will be appreciated.

boboroshi
08-19-2005, 04:54 PM
If the only issue is reading back in to FCP, why don't you file out something besides a TGA sequence? There are various lossless codecs for Quicktime that should work well.

vinteg
08-19-2005, 09:46 PM
We do this all the time. We render as an image sequence out of Shake and AE. I then use Shake, AE or even Quicktime Pro to export a quicktime clip in the right codec.

You could import the sequence as 1-frame still and drop that into a different sequence. Nest that sequence into your master sequence. However, doing it this way will force you to render those stills as a render within FCP that'll create a quicktime in it's render files anyways.

I have a Shake script and a AE composition that I made just for this reason.

rogercg
08-22-2005, 04:21 PM
thanks for reply! I have do the test that .mov's qulity is not good enough. .tga is the only choice. if i deal with the 10bit clip, maybe the choice should be the .tif or .iff

beaker
08-23-2005, 06:15 AM
Why is .mov quality not good enough? A lossless codec of a quicktime movie is exactly the same as a lossless image format like iff or tiff. There are 10 bit and 16 bit lossless codecs for quicktime.

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2005, 06:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.