PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question - Electronic Manual Location

LightWuv
08-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Hey,

Another LW9 pre-order dude here, nice to post in this forum :)

I just received my Vue5i CDs at work today, and scanned them quickly for the manual - I was expecting a .pdf somewhere on either CD, but couldn't find one.

My home PC is in the middle of a reinstall, so I can't install Vue5i just yet.

Am I right in thinking that I need to install the program before I get to read the manual?

Cheers,
LightWuv

mdunakin
08-12-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, that threw me for a loop at first also.
It's in I think a couple of places, at least one will be under the Animation Menu, as a Help.
That's the one I've been using and barely read the actual manual (paper version) because
it got on my nerves too much with flipping to one page only to be told to flip to some
other page and again and again like that.

So, go ahead and install it and you'll find what I'm talking about.

................md :)

DigReal
08-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I don't recall a separate pdf file, but it doesn't matter. I don't think the manual is really what you want to look at. The manual kind of just says what stuff is, more than what it's good for. Since the UI in Vue is already very friendly, the manual doesn't help much.

Three things you want to do:

Click on stuff and see what happens (isn't that what we all love to do anyway?)

Explore the content stuff and figure out how it was done.

Find tutorials! Vue has some weirdness, and the best tuts show how to use that weirdness.

I guess the last one is the only help, til you get it installed.

Have fun!

mdunakin
08-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Besides what I suggested, Dig is absolutely right!

Vue is soooo easy to use, that you pretty much never even need to look at a manual or anything.
About the only thing you need anything from a manual for, would be specific things,
and those are only things where you need to just see what something is.
Like, I know I'll need to read up when I get to the Functions panel, but someone
already has a great tutorial for learning that posted up at the Renderosity web site.
http://www.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Form.sess_id=46043617&Form.sess_key=1123884992
And more specific to Vue:
http://www.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Sectionid=12368
.............md :)

LightWuv
08-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks,

I guess we're talking an integrated help file kinda like LW[8]? I was hoping the manual would be easily printable.

But if it's not as useful as, say, the LW manual, then I guess it's not a bad thing. I just like to read manuals thoroughly at least once, you know?

Thanks for the Renderosity tip mdunakin, you made me sign up :)

I actually started checking the program out veeery slowly and nicely by reading the various reviews that are out there.

I'm struck by the low quality of a few of them, as well as the references to stability and lack thereof pretty much across the board. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Good luck with the OOM error, mdunakin, I see you're not quite there yet.

LightWuv

mdunakin
08-13-2005, 01:03 AM
Thanx, and I too, originally before I got Vue, was pretty suprised by so many low quality renderings.

But now I see it's just people are either too lazy to really put out anything decent
or they just don't get it yet, or they didn't feel like waiting for render times, which if that
was the case, then "I" wouldn't bother posting them if they were cr*p-ola in render quality.
And I don't mean in "art-wise" quality, but simply the render settings qualities.
But, there ARE some pretty awesome renderings out there, you just have to search.

.................md :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2005, 01:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.