PDA

View Full Version : Maya's 2D Motion Blur with Mental Ray?

fahr
08-12-2005, 04:29 AM
Does anyone know how I can take Maya's saved motion vectors and is apply that data to another sequence of images? I havent been able to figure out how to do it.

I would like to render my images with Mental Ray and then use Maya's motion vectors to blur the resulting images. I know that there is a 2d motion shader for MR that works with Reelsmart Motion Blur, but I would like to try this mothod first...

Or is this not possible? Or simply a bad idea? :)

Thanks!

toddgill
08-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Yes it is possible to blur images out of mental ray and apply the motion vectors from the maya render. Once you render out your sequence with 'keep motion vectors" on you can use the blur2d utility that comes with maya. It's a command line utility but if you use the -h option to get more information it doesn't list all the flags. Just go to the maya help and track down the blur2d utility and you'll find what you are looking for.

Saves heaps of time - but it is only as good as the 2d blur out of maya.....

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2005, 10:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.