PDA

View Full Version : Need Critiques! (Will take 5 minutes)

yamahoto
08-11-2005, 09:39 PM
THREAD REMOVED

RedSilas
08-13-2005, 06:41 AM
Are you trying to get a job with this reel?

eXiGe_da_1337
08-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I got really impressed by that martial art : ).

yamahoto
08-13-2005, 05:51 PM
What do you guys mean... are you laughing about my portfolio? What's with this attitude...

ivanisavich
08-13-2005, 06:50 PM
The attitude?

Dude...your "reel" consists of a nearly-nude George W. Bush model, dancing (quite poorly) to a Michael Jackson song. It's appalling!

yamahoto
08-13-2005, 06:58 PM
I'm trying my best to make it dance better than he is actually and I don't feel any nudity in this reel, I don't like you attitude also, I'm here for critiques not just hearing that he dances badly.

Makes me feel bad about sending you an e-mail telling you that you are the king and that I didn't beleive you were 18. I see now that you are 18.

ivanisavich
08-13-2005, 07:11 PM
Well hey man....what did you expect? What you posted and asked us to critique could be considered offensive by some. You should have expected that! My age has nothing to do with my comments...and the lack of replies to this thread shows that.

That being said, those karate moves on the front of your portfolio page are interesting...a little bit too low of a framerate to critique though.

SergeAstahov
08-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Well i won't say much about George Bush and that he's naked, BUT i do think that it's a very bad idea using president in your reel and secondly he is almost naked indeed. And i didn't get the point of that penis sticking out of his pants as well (didn't like it at all, it didn't seem funny for me).

And now to the real critiques. As for the model, i wouldn't say that he really looks like George Bush.

And talking about the animation. In some places it was really smooth and nice but in most places it was very robotic, not fluent (like you can feel every single keyframe of it). What i didn't like about facial animation that he was always smiling throughout the entire animation (looked like he lacked other emotions). Don't get me wrong but it needs to be improved a lot.
And don't get upset about what other people say. These words will only make you try harder next time and only this way you'll get better.

yamahoto
08-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Well, thanks everybody, I'll just remove my thread.

lardbros
08-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Come on buddy, don't throw your rattle out of the pram after a few crits. The whole point of places like this is that people tell you what should be improved and then you know for next time what needs improving, either in the piece you post or your ability in that department.

Removing your thread makes it look like you can't take any crits. Get some balls and redo some of the things that people have suggested and come back even better and show everyone that you're tough and not going anywhere after a slight rejection. :thumbsup:

P-Lak
08-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I've been there myself kid. In fact, I'm still there.

This is a before and after of a character I did named Rusty. The one on the left is the original version. Oh, man I was so proud of that little s.o.b. It blew everyone elses character in the intro level class out of the water. Needless to say I was thoroughly PISSED when my instructor gave me a B on him. I mean P-ISSED! I later showed Rusty to a couple of friends knowing they would reinforce that my teacher was a bastard. Instead they tore me and Rusty a new one, worse than my instructor. I mean, what the F? We argued about it for hours. Oh, I was steamed. About a day later, I started over and made a new Rusty. That's the one on the right. The new Rusty's in alot of film fests and comercials and stuff now. And, you know, still no one has ever actually ever said, "Hey, that's a great model."

If you want to quit, go ahead. I don't need the competition. But don't expect anyone to feel about your work the way you do. Make them feel it. Their criticisim is great insight into how to achieve that. My advice: Grab your nuts, put your thread back up, and take the criticisim like a man. As painful as it is, it CAN make you better. You are an artist, after all. So to sum up, I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your stuff here in the future.

Oh, and don't do drugs either! :thumbsup:

yamahoto
08-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks a lot for your motivation guys!

I'll do my best do be better ;)

I'll post it here when I'll be ready..!

eXiGe_da_1337
08-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Thanks a lot for your motivation guys!

I'll do my best do be better ;)

I'll post it here when I'll be ready..!

That's the spirit! Good luck ^-^)V

TINY1KG
08-16-2005, 03:00 AM
my post come late..
but i have to say tht the first post were not very constructive critique, if critique they were...
maybe they shld have looked at ur site and cv first (en francais, cest vrai= pas bien car peu de personnes comprennent)..and shld have admire the fact tht u come from a very different field and computers r probably not ur thing...
anyway anyhow: i agree with the sensible rest: keep going!
and u dont have tht few posts.. i have seen worst!
allez! en avant tte!

TINY1KG
08-16-2005, 03:19 AM
true though..not a very good i.d 2 use a president... especially when not ur own ;0)
i have to say the animation itself does not kick many arses but it is ur beginnings so nothing to panick abt: if i may say u posted while learning.. i still have not cause feal too shy..
u ll probably learn faster thn i do but a wip is a wip, in progress or not just missing the letter h...
also i think u r trying to reproduce too much those flash animation seen on the www...
bear in mind they r usually done AS FUNNIES (WORK DONE IN SPARE TIME) more thn portfolio work...
i think... might b wrong again

lardbros
08-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Hopefully he'll post it when he's ready... i never even got to see it. The problem with this place is peoples egos, not understanding that people can be simply beginners in the field and don't take the time to consider that fact. Jumping straight in with "hey it's appalling" or "my anus could do better than that" comments. I needed help and advice when i was starting.. hell, i still need it now... so i'm considerate towards other peoples work and their posts simply because one day i could be asking them for help.

Just hope that the minority don't put people, or the newbies, off this place.

CGTalk Moderation
08-16-2005, 04:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.