PDA

View Full Version : animation demo reel

squeezestudio
08-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone !

Here's my updated animation demo reel 2005 . You can see some shot of my recent work done at Hybride and many clip from my personal work.

http://www.squeezestudio.com/demo_reel_2005.mov (right click , save target as)

http://www.squeezestudio.com/reel_PB.jpg

Hope you will like it !

C&C are welcome

silentsamurai
08-12-2005, 06:02 AM
very good, I love a lot of the high energy that you have going on. It really works for you. The only thing that I don't think works is the little cuts from the Racing Stripes movie. Unless you did some animation on live action footage?

mattmos
08-12-2005, 07:42 AM
The only thing that I don't think works is the little cuts from the Racing Stripes movie. Unless you did some animation on live action footage?

How many goats and zebras do you know that can talk? ;)

Great reel squeeze, love the cartoony extreme motion, and the character design is excellent! I would be tempted to drop generi, its not a bad anim but doesn't really add anything more, and makes your reel less unique. It feels like you could maybe give your lip synch pieces just a couple more frames buffer either side before bringing the music back in so we have time to digest them.

could maybe do with hosting a higher res version, its a little hard to see what's going on sometimes. The size of the reel (45meg) is way too high for a qt of that res and length - you should be able to get it down to around 10 meg using sorenson 3 with a keyframe every 25 frames or so, and quality shouldn't be that bad.

Love it though!

Heber
08-12-2005, 07:56 AM
great work,
i really love your characters, you are a good animator, hehe *front page imo
:)

squeezestudio
08-12-2005, 11:59 AM
Heber : Thanks for comment ! :thumbsup:

mattmos : Thanks for great comment and constructive suggestion ! I was not sure to put Generi rig clip when I created the reel , My final decision was to put the clip for have more acting , but i fact , thats a old clip and I dont like the animation , so, with your comment about "" it makes the reel less unique " .. I will remove the clip ... Thats what I wanted to eard about this clip , its not my character and everybody can have it.. its realy far the be original when I use it , Im agree with you .

For the weight of the clip , I use sorenson 3 , maybe I can reduce a bit more in the compression to have a better weight without lost image and sound quality . I will try ! thanks for all other suggestion you've done , I think thats will add more to my reel !

silentsamurai : Thanks dude ! For the racing stripes clip , I've animated something like 100 shot on 200 hybride done ... I put my choice animation I prefer ... and for some of these clip , the clip after this I choose , I dont animate the animal , its an other animator who animate it , so I cant use it in my reel :( .. in fact , thats why some shot are short .. maybe I will check to change some clip for other lipsync , I can take a longer sequence too ... I dont whant to change the speed of my reel ... I will check what its possible to do to add more and reduce these fast cut , thanks for idea !

Kickflipkid687
08-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I like it, but i find the music very loud and anoying and makes it hard to watch. The modeling and animation though are really good!

CGTalk Moderation
08-12-2005, 01:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.