PDA

View Full Version : Female Walkcycle

Mattronic
08-11-2005, 07:02 PM
hello, im just postin a playblast of a walkcycle im workin on. Any critique would be great :)

-Matthew

http://www.chrisluce.com/www/matt/KiaWalkCycleMattAkin.avi

thehive
08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
here feet need to be strighter she walkin like a man at the end of her stride the hips need to be more subtle, lookin good jus soften it up

adam-crockett
08-11-2005, 07:21 PM
post more views, and fill up more of the screen with the character
everything feels like your f curves are too angular.
feet lift up slow and then set down fast, looks wierd
hands look like mittens, relax her hand poses into something sexier
secondary motion on the hair isn't working for me. Looks ok when she steps on her left foot, but wierd on the right.
Her toes pointing outward on each step looks strange. I think I know what you are trying to do, but I'd need to see more angles to tell you how to do it right
hips dont RAISE with the passing foot, they DROP under the weight of that heavy, swinging leg
Nice start, all in all..

evilemil
08-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Hi Matt,

the left leg looks like the girl wants to stomp on the floor ( can not say much about the right one - repetitive playback is bad on my machine)
It should be straight before the leg hits the floor (1 frame) - at least if you go for such an exxagerated walk as this. The feet should be straight, otherwise the lady willl look like a duck.

Hope that helped.

Have Fun,
Michael

Mattronic
08-11-2005, 07:30 PM
post more views, and fill up more of the screen with the character
everything feels like your f curves are too angular.
feet lift up slow and then set down fast, looks wierd
hands look like mittens, relax her hand poses into something sexier
secondary motion on the hair isn't working for me. Looks ok when she steps on her left foot, but wierd on the right.
Her toes pointing outward on each step looks strange. I think I know what you are trying to do, but I'd need to see more angles to tell you how to do it right
hips dont RAISE with the passing foot, they DROP under the weight of that heavy, swinging leg
Nice start, all in all..

hey thanks i just caught some of that, I knew somethin was off. I just need to keep track of where i start , from left to right, from top to bottom.
thanks

Mattronic
08-11-2005, 08:10 PM
heres the other views. and updated animation

Perspective (http://www.chrisluce.com/www/matt/Kia3D.avi)

Side (http://www.chrisluce.com/www/matt/KiaSide.avi)

Front (http://www.chrisluce.com/www/matt/KiaFront.avi)

adam-crockett
08-11-2005, 09:17 PM
What did you fix? All my above comments still apply.

furthermore:

legs lift too high. May be a symptom of the incorrect hip rotation. Basically, lift the foot just enought to clear the ground. Some body mentioned earlier that she looked like she was stomping. this is why
knee bend breaks wierd: maybe start peeling her heel off the ground a bit sooner to smooth out the knee pop
feet seem to rotate while they are on the ground. Find those curves and flatten them out while they are planted on the ground
The number one thing you need to fix is that hip motion. Very important to the sexy walk. More comments after that.

Mattronic
08-11-2005, 10:17 PM
What did you fix? All my above comments still apply.

furthermore:

legs lift too high. May be a symptom of the incorrect hip rotation. Basically, lift the foot just enought to clear the ground. Some body mentioned earlier that she looked like she was stomping. this is why
knee bend breaks wierd: maybe start peeling her heel off the ground a bit sooner to smooth out the knee pop
feet seem to rotate while they are on the ground. Find those curves and flatten them out while they are planted on the ground
The number one thing you need to fix is that hip motion. Very important to the sexy walk. More comments after that.

I fix this----

also, i just added the other views so you could see better..

iwas at school ,and just was bout to leave , I shall continue tomorrow... relax :P

Pooyag
08-14-2005, 03:14 PM
it has some problems,but i dont know any in specific....just know something's wrong.maybe just because Not smooth movement....
btw,the leading action is too much i think.

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2005, 03:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.