PDA

View Full Version : Sub surface Scattering

rkern
08-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Hi all,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good shader set-up for Sub-surface scattering? I just need an idea of a starting point, I can tweak it from there... I've played around a bit and don't get very good results.. I figure I'm jus tsetting it up wrong... Is there a particular channel to use the SSS setting in?

What I'm working on is a Pumpkin thats lit inside by a candle.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

frinkky
08-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Hi all,
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good shader set-up for Sub-surface scattering? I just need an idea of a starting point, I can tweak it from there... I've played around a bit and don't get very good results.. I figure I'm jus tsetting it up wrong... Is there a particular channel to use the SSS setting in?

What I'm working on is a Pumpkin thats lit inside by a candle.

Thanks in advance.

Russ

SSS goes in the luminosity channel. Other than that, pass! I've only very briefly messed around with it. I think it is important to set the distance between lightsource and the outmost wall of your object correctedly. If it falls short, no light comes through, if its too high, well you can probably guess.

belgon
09-09-2005, 10:19 AM
you can look up preference or handbook of the cinema r8.5 ,there ,you can know how to make a 3S material !and you can get a wonderful result!

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2005, 10:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.